Heavey spinning outfit

kingbonito

Has anyone on here got the Daiwa saltist hyper 9ft6 ? If so what do you think of it looking at one for spinning off the rocks with heavey metals and big stick baits! Or does anyone else know of any cracker rods wanting something that can cast 60-150gram lures

I have a lateo2 110xh thats rated to something similar to 60-150g i think. Bought it was the same reason.

But havt used it yet as im yet to find a reel that i like and can afford to pair it with. and always seem to go for my lighter outfit when fishing off the rocks

• Like 1

I was thinking of pairing the rod I’m talking about with one of those penn spammers has a good gear ratio for high speed spinning and has a good drag on them pretty sure the bigger models in them have almost 30kg of drag! @xerotao

and how much did your rod set you back ? 

2 hours ago, kingbonito said:

I was thinking of pairing the rod I’m talking about with one of those penn spammers has a good gear ratio for high speed spinning and has a good drag on them pretty sure the bigger models in them have almost 30kg of drag! @xerotao

and how much did your rod set you back ? 

I wouldnt buy a reel based on max drag. Smooth is what im after.

I picked it up for $250. was an impulse buy. hence no hurry to use it when i have a setup that works

• Like 1