VALENTINE Lake Mac

Squ!rt

Hey all, been a while since I have done a report of the lake although I fish it almost every weekend,

After the rain and bushfires I had heard reports of little to no fish along with my own experiences of no catching in my usual go to spots.

Started out the afternoon with grabbing some fish and chips for lunch with the kids at Speers point, they then insisted on let’s go fishing, tried a spot close to Speers point park which has had hookup success in the afternoon before, flicked around a bit on a “walker wobbler” but no success and lots of other people were under the bridge, decided to go for a little bit of an adventure on the other side  of the lake towards Booragul and Marmong Point, but the water was very choppy and quite windy.

Decided to head back towards home way (BELMONT) and looked for little spots on the way, decided to nick into Valentine Boat Ramp, the mrs suggested it as we have never tried fishing there before and I think she was itching to try out her new rod.

By this time the kids were buggered from playing at the park and were asleep in the car, parked right next to the water and started setting up the rods, The mrs was stoked with her new rod, swapped her sienna 2500 onto it straight away as the reel that came with it was a bit how you going, for a cheap Pryml $35 setup amazing rod, great weight and almost near perfect balance.

Second cast in on her brand new rod, hookup, only a small bream but she was stoked, her new rod has now been christened and she was very happy.

Will definitely be going back to this little spot next to the boat ramp again and adding it to the Lake Mac Landbased guide for sure.

Regards Squ!rt

0E70FD22-8A8C-41E9-9953-28A6D0091F0C.jpeg

Edited by Squ!rt
  • Like 4