Storable baits

Theloveablemess

Hello everyone, first post so go easy on me.

I currently work with people who have different disabilities but a large portion of my clients LOVE fishing. The issue I’ve run into lately is that it’s pretty costly to keep frozen bait and ice constantly on the go. This is especially true when the fishing trips can be at the drop of a hat and end just as quickly when my clients get frustrated. I enjoy soft plastics and lure fishing but that can be a bit technical for some of my clients who often prefer a more passive bait and bobber style. We are based in Lake Macquarie and mostly targeting bream but will take whatever bites for some C & R.

my question is, does anyone know of some good baits I could keep in my car for these impulsive trips? Something that won’t stink me out obviously. Would salted baits be a good option? Any good home made recipes?

thank you so much for your help! 

• Like 1

Powerbait is a freshwater bait but it definitely works in salt and it just comes in little jars. I always have a jar in my tackle box for any situation where any form of bait seems like its going to work better. Bread is also a really good option as well because if you end up not going fishing you can eat it.

• Like 1