Port Stephens - kings? flatties? snapper?

steeevooo

Hey fishos!

So my next attempt at a trip away with boat is on the cards, this time to Hawks Nest at Port Stephens this weekend.
(assuming no surprise fires or floods pop up in the next few days)

Just wondering, anyone who fishes the area, is it worth trying to target kingies up there?

From what I've read it sounds like squid are plentiful, so was thinking to get some livies and troll out around the headlands and around Boondelbah Island (avoiding the sanctuaries etc). Pending wind of course, and if my little 16ft runabout can get out there safely.

Is it worth trying for kings?
Or would we be better off going for flatties etc. inside the port?
Have heard of good snapper caught there also but unsure if inside or out.

Any advice would be mighty appreciated.
Visited there (Jimmy's Beach) by chance earlier this year and fell in love with the place so now it's time to take the boat!

Hey mate

what boat do you have? Kingies can be very hit and miss this time of year in my experience unless you can get out somewhere like allmark. I can Pm you some Flatty marks if you like? Forecast for Friday looks ok, but as of now looks like the southerly May pick up on Saturday/Sunday so maybe keep an eye on it

2 hours ago, wcurrall said:

Hey mate

what boat do you have? Kingies can be very hit and miss this time of year in my experience unless you can get out somewhere like allmark. I can Pm you some Flatty marks if you like? Forecast for Friday looks ok, but as of now looks like the southerly May pick up on Saturday/Sunday so maybe keep an eye on it

Thanks mate! 
Boat is a 16ft Stessl with a 60hp so days need to be rather calm to head outside. 
Some marks would be amazing if there are any you think I can get to. 

And yeah Friday seems to be the go for going out, maaaaybe Saturday, but most likely sat/sun will be spent inside Port Stephens itself or maybe Myall River.