Fishing the Hawkesbury

bessell1955

I am thinking of going for a fish over the Easter break In the Hawkesbury.  I know that the water at Windsor is like Coffee with one milk and the fishing is very poor.  I wonder if the river, towards the mouth is clearer and has anyone had any success ?  I have never seen the river stay this dirty for so long.  :mellow:

Head out to the mouth! Parsley bay ramp is great. Good flathead bream and mulloway...cant forget stingrays. If there is lots of boat traffic it can be quiet. 

Spots are the famous rail bridges, juno point, flint and steel and drift near the mouth where it drops off for flatties. 

Ive been up there a few times lately.

8 minutes ago, bessell1955 said:

Mrsswordfisherman, could you please could you please inform us the rules for fishing?  I may well be wrong about going for a fish.  I will abide  your decision.:wub::wub:

The rules have been widely posted on here and on TV and radio

“The NSW Government has also advised that all non-essential travel to regional areas and remote communities must be cancelled,” said a spokesperson for Transport NSW.

Unless you have an essential need to be out - stay ashore. Packing up your boat for a road trip and a half day fishing expedition, for example, is not in the spirit of the restrictions.

You may well be fined. TAKE THE TIP AND STAY AT HOME. 

I do not want any raiders to come back and report that they were in breach and got fined. 

Happy Easter and by the way there are some great fishing videos to watch on YouTube until we can go out safely

• Like 1

Thank you for your advice.  I will take the tip and stay at home. I do you also have a happy Easter.  I am smoking a Trout and two Salmon cutlets that I have had in the freezer for 23 weeks.  As I typed  I will abide by your advice.

Geoff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1