URBAN Creek Carp

Squ!rt

So me and good mate of mine have been trying to go out almost every arvo during the last couple of weeks to get some carp or bass or anything else we can get, as long as we get out and have flick.

Made a YouTube and decided to make a little urban creek series along with going through and editing vids from us two on wharfs around syd.

Caught this little carp in a local creek, it’s a local spot to us and many of you would have driven past it or walked past it within western Sydney.

Video Link here>>

Urban Creeks - Carp Hunter

659500E5-7F67-455E-9480-58D085073135.thumb.jpeg.86e19e21823d9c2eb9481930d9bbff4b.jpeg

Edited by Squ!rt
  • Like 3

Great fun catching Carp. They always put up a good fight. Have you considered using a static camera on a tripod? (As well). You may capture more of the action /interaction between yourself and what the fish is doing as you fight to bring it in. Only a suggestion which may enhance the quality of your videos. Thanks for posting. Cheers, bn

• Like 1

On 4/14/2020 at 7:21 AM, big Neil said:

Great fun catching Carp. They always put up a good fight. Have you considered using a static camera on a tripod? (As well). You may capture more of the action /interaction between yourself and what the fish is doing as you fight to bring it in. Only a suggestion which may enhance the quality of your videos. Thanks for posting. Cheers, bn

Yeh have thought of that BN, i have always watched vids from POV and liked that style, may have to setup the other camera as well and switch between them in editing, which as everyone knows that it aint no 5 minute job in editing, the latest video i did with my mate catching a little bass, was a 10 minute video, and that was about 6 hours worth of filming and changing locations etc. plus abut 3 hours worth of editing, and not the best Vid either.

13 hours ago, Squ!rt said:

Yeh have thought of that BN, i have always watched vids from POV and liked that style, may have to setup the other camera as well and switch between them in editing, which as everyone knows that it aint no 5 minute job in editing, the latest video i did with my mate catching a little bass, was a 10 minute video, and that was about 6 hours worth of filming and changing locations etc. plus abut 3 hours worth of editing, and not the best Vid either.

Thanks for your reply Squirt. I'm NOT very good with computers, being an old fart. I need to be shown how to do things and then do them several times in a short period to become proficient. Being retired I do have time on my side though. I get a lot of enjoyment from watching videos, they are a great way to share experiences and pass on valuable information to others. Meantime keep catching those pesky Carp and working towards the video which you can be proud of.

Cheers, bn

• Like 1

yeh eventually will get to the stage of somewhat professional, for most of the simple vids, i just use movie maker, heaps of tutorials online for it @big Neil, its like powerpoint tbh, pretty easy to just drag and drop in music and videos, and cut them, mute audio etc..

2 hours ago, Squ!rt said:

yeh eventually will get to the stage of somewhat professional, for most of the simple vids, i just use movie maker, heaps of tutorials online for it @big Neil, its like powerpoint tbh, pretty easy to just drag and drop in music and videos, and cut them, mute audio etc..

I'm glad that you find Moviemaker easy to handle Squirt. Alas my learning capabilities depend on being SHOWN how to do something and I don't have anybody who can do that. I wish that I could just read "how to" and be able to do it.

One of the hangups of getting old is that you get left behind by technology. Such is life. Good luck with the fishing and keep practising your video production skills. Cheers, bn

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2020 at 7:21 AM, big Neil said:

Have uploaded a new Video from last weeks carp outing and has some static filming from the good old iPhone plus some action cam footage while moving, eventually getting to the stage that I’m getting better,

Static looks good showing some casts and then action when one of us are on,

check it out here: 

Urban Creeks - Carpaholic

let me know now what you guys think, don’t wanna make a post about every land based vid I do so I’ll probably just reply in here if enough people wanna watch it

Regards Squ!rt