silly people

recon

I cant believe how dumb some people can be after fishing the moons for a few hours on Monday night I was heading back up river and was very lucky when two fishos on the bank directed their torchs towards a three seater lounge floating in the main channel. further up stream between east hills wharf and kelso beach I counted no less than nine boat anchored all over the channel with only one displaying an anchor light luckily travelling at six knots I avoided colliding with any body but it makes me wonder our these guys ever get a licence

3 weeks ago I did a night trip on the harbour, leaving Rhodes and heading to the Harbour Bridge I came across 3 boats all anchored in the channel off the Rowing club / Cabarita and none had lights on, lucky it was like glass and I was only doing 35knots, so was able to steer round them like a slalom.

There was also a few near goat island but due to the city lights you could see them a lot clearer.

Bloody Dangerous

Its always good to have two sets of eyes when traveling at night, just in case you miss something.

• Haha 1

Pre dawn one morning heading out under Gladesville bridge with a fog sitting on the water we nearly took out 2 rowing boats that had battery operated white lights on the bow 200ml high that were virtually flat with no glow coming off them, if it wasn’t for the ripples we saw coming off the punt that was with them which didn’t happen to have any nav lights, it could’ve been devastating, lucky we were only just on the plane & both of us were keeping vigilant, what blew us away was that they were right in the middle of the channel instead of off to the side       “bloody idiots”