Any Info On Safety Of Eating Fish From The Harbour

TinnyFisher

Hi Raiders,

I am all set to go fishing tomorrow but the :wife: demands that I do not keep any fish as " we dont want to take any chances!". I would naturally think that fin fish from east of Gladesville bridge should be fairly safe to eat. Does anyone have info about that?

Ta

Guest johblow

Homebush Bay has been stuffed for quite a while, and will be for some time i hear, but personally, i'm not too fussed by it all and don't have any problems eating fish i've caught in the lower part of the harbour (i'd guess you'd call it - the bit between the bridge and the heads and the various attachements). Not that i catch all that much!!!

Im not an expert, but personally i recon that most food has something bad in it, so just relax and enjoy the good taste - it digests better that way :beersmile: Macca's tastes nice but elegedly has fat; fish tastes nice and has nutrition but elegedly dioxins... whats the diff!!!??? I suspect that like with mercury in swordfish, its only gonna be an issue if you eat it very regularly, so that the toxins are able build up to higher levels before getting cleaned out by nature...

Have also heard a cycnic suggest that its all just a way to elbow the prawn trawlers out of the harbour by stealth...?

So, bugger the Today Tonight bulls--t hype, just do what you wanna do and enjoy it :thumbup: The human body is a tough survivor :1fishing1: