Fishing The Rip Bridge Central Coast NSW

Rod84

Hey guys, I’ve been doing a bit of fishing around The Rip Bridge Central Coast where I’m from. Every time I see people with light gear and their baits are probably not even hitting the bottom. Would the best rig for there be similar to what people use on The Hawkesbury for jewfish etc? As the current runs hard through there like in the Hawkesbury.

Depends when in the tide they are fishing??

If it was me, in those kind of places I would not be fishing more than an hour on each side of either tide otherwise you need to much weight.

You can of course cast forward into the tide direction giving it a chance to get deeper before it lines up with you & travels past.

But if its in the middle of the run even a 2oz lead isn't going to make a difference imo.

• Thanks 1

I don’t think there’s any fun or any advantage in fishing the rip bridge where the tide runs hard. Fish off to one side - the current drops away if you shift a few metres to right or left.

All I’ve ever caught in the deep stuff when the current is running hard is octopus - very big red ones. Best results have been off to the side alongside the marina or Mosquito Bay. And yep, going light means better results on the Central Coast - our fish are nervous.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Volitan said:

going light means better results on the Central Coast - our fish are nervous.

Good info @Volitan about going lighter, are our fish nervous because there’s a lot of good fishos up here or is it the boat traffic & tourists keeping them on edge