Back on Track?

wazatherfisherman

I've been sitting here at home reading reports from all over the coast and well, frankly, after a few years, I reckon fishing seems to be "back on track" in regards to species for the time of year.

The Yellowfin are around all along the coast, the Mullet moving,- usually sharks and big Jew shadowing them, Hairtail are "in" again- even in numbers in Sydney Harbour after only a trickle of them for years. Luderick are massing and Tailor back for a while now.

The Kings should be well on at the Peak, but I don't know if anyone's been getting them/trying  for them. Silver Trevally should be next migration inwards.

Any thoughts?

• Like 7

Makes me wonder wether the Coronavirus has played a part, less hot gases, pollution & lack of planes, stars are brighter & more visible in the sky.

The seasons this year appear to be like decades ago & I’m seeing cloud formations I haven’t seen for years & yes I know we have cycles (El Niño & La Niña) & as you said Waza even the fish seem to be on track like yesteryear.

Mm makes one wonder!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mullatt said:

Could it have anything to do with the fact that less people are fishing at the moment😉

Hi Mullatt  that would mean less reports and there are fish around all over the place. I'm thinking more of nature returning to "yesteryear" as 61 Crusher indicated also.

Hopefully, this trend continues the whole year

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mullatt said:

Could it have anything to do with the fact that less people are fishing at the moment😉

Some mornings through Port Hacking have been busier than walking down Pitt Street at Christmas.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wazatherfisherman said:

Hi Mullatt  that would mean less reports and there are fish around all over the place. I'm thinking more of nature returning to "yesteryear" as 61 Crusher indicated also.

Hopefully, this trend continues the whole year

Fair enough, respect your opinion but don't necessarily agree 😀

Just now, Mullatt said:

Fair enough, respect your opinion but don't necessarily agree 😀

No offence to you either- I only posted to see what others thought, no one is right or wrong. Was my bad for not stating properly what I meant- that all the fish seem to know what season it is and are back to "seasonal time"- some after a long absence, like the Hairy's

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yowie said:

Some mornings through Port Hacking have been busier than walking down Pitt Street at Christmas.

Since we’ve been given the green light to fish up my way on a good day during the week up to 20 + people on Avoca rocks & the Terrigal boat ramp nearly half full, weekends up to 40 on the rocks & boat ramp almost full 

• Like 2

Ive been targeting kings for a while now and have noticed that over the past couple months the kings have been more peckish and not hooking up properly (probably user error). The ones that actually get in the boat have been smaller and the fights deceiving. going out tomorrow to chase kings in the harbour and will post a report regardless of outcome.

hope this helps

Not too sure Waza, but this is the first year for a long time that the weather patterns seem to have stabilised.

No El Nino or La Nina currents and now the drought seems to have broken, at least along the coast.

Perhaps the bait schools are arriving on time, in the old haunts and in water temps the predators like. 

It could be due to a combination of things, we could even be starting to see a payoff from better fisheries management.

Who really knows?

• Like 3

On 5/1/2020 at 7:16 PM, Mullatt said:

Less people? I've noticed the exact opposite in my area!

• Confused 1