Help with new rod for flathead/jewfish

Sj4711

Hi Raiders 

looking for a rod that can handle both flathead and jewfish on the lake in a boat. iv been looking at the diawa TD Zero 742mhs which is a 7”4, 4-10kg recommended Line with 21g cast weight thought this would be ideal for the vibes and soft plastics would love Some Advice and or different setups , 

Cheers ! 

I agree with kingie chaser on the 2 rods if possible, but if it has to be one rod only, I'd be going with a 3-6kg setup.

Assuming you're fishing from a boat 6kg is fine for mulloway, unless you're in nasty country and I think overall you'll benefit from a rod that suits lighter lures. Something that suits around 7-18g.

I have 2 Jew outfits. No 1 Daiwa Wild Weasel 2 to 6 kg  up to 14 grams.

2 nd Veritas 7" 4 to 8 kg  10 to 48 gram.   This is a new addition, and now has a permanent place in my Armory. Very nice to fish with !!!    Great for deep water winter fishing up here in the Hastings !!!!!!   Howard.

• Like 1

I own multiple TD zero rods and highly recommend them!

1-3kg, 2-5kg, 5-10kg. Very light rods with good flex in the tips but also a very strong spine so lots of pulling power. 

Some people are put off by the shiny silver colour but trust me they are amazing rods

The 2-5kg is my flathead setup with a 2500 stradic ci4+ and the 5-10kg is my jewie setup with a 4000 stradic ci4+.

• Like 2