Winter Fishing in the Bay

the skipper

Hi Raiders I am looking for any spots to chase some reds during winter in Botany Bay or beyond if anyone would share some intell would really appreciate it otherwise I might have to do the trip north and stalk Scratchie for some spots.

Cheers 

The Skipper 

Reds inside Botany Bay you ask !

Undersized reds, you will find them.

Legal reds.....rarely, so rarely that i would almost, almost say it is a waste of time !

But for what its worth, the very few times i have caught reds inside Botany Bay that was at Molinox Point, and fishing the edges of the artificial reef in Yarra Bay.

If you are able to head outside, just along Cape Banks there is a reefy drop off that extends up towards Malabar. This is worth a try for reds.

But if you really want reds, travel north and visit Scratchie at Port Stephens, or travel south towards Wollongong/Port Kembla.

cape banks.png

3 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

Reds inside Botany Bay you ask !

Undersized reds, you will find them.

Legal reds.....rarely, so rarely that i would almost, almost say it is a waste of time !

But for what its worth, the very few times i have caught reds inside Botany Bay that was at Molinox Point, and fishing the edges of the artificial reef in Yarra Bay.

If you are able to head outside, just along Cape Banks there is a reefy drop off that extends up towards Malabar. This is worth a try for reds.

But if you really want reds, travel north and visit Scratchie at Port Stephens, or travel south towards Wollongong/Port Kembla.

cape banks.png

Thanks mate yeah have always caught under size reds especially at the reef you talk about in Yarra Bay thanks for the marks I will give them a crack.