Haines Hunter 520

Rey05

hi guys and girls,

just wondering if anyone in Sydney has a Haines Hunter 520sf- late 90s model.

I am looking at buying one atm, but it is in Victoria, and im hoping to save the drive down there by seeing if anyone has one I could just have a look at to see if it would work for what I want it for (family/ fishing)

happy to buy you beer for your time.

or does anyone have any pros and cons on this style of boat?

thanks in advanced.;

I have a Haines Hunter 470 breeze. Great little boats with an excellent hull that cut through the water very well. Whilst at the time it was a good family boat (2007 model) my family have grown up now and room has depleted. But we still manage to all get out in it and have a fish from time to time. A 520 would definitely have more room. So it depends what you want to do with the family in it. I don’t really have any negatives to forward. 

cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rey05 said:

hi guys and girls,

just wondering if anyone in Sydney has a Haines Hunter 520sf- late 90s model.

I am looking at buying one atm, but it is in Victoria, and im hoping to save the drive down there by seeing if anyone has one I could just have a look at to see if it would work for what I want it for (family/ fishing)

happy to buy you beer for your time.

or does anyone have any pros and cons on this style of boat?

thanks in advanced.;

There's one in Malabar for sale, just tell them your interested & want to have a look at it.

https://www.boatsales.com.au/boats/details/1996-haines-hunter-520sf/SSE-AD-6379192/?Cr=2

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 1

If it's the boat in your photo you want to buy in Vic. It would definitely require brakes fitted to the trailer for NSW rego, so there is some bargaining power for you to start with, and OR something you should bear in mind as an additional cost.

Frank

• Like 1

thanks for the replies!!

I saw the one in malabar, but it seems to be a bit older than the one I am looking at- although it should give me an idea of what I am getting into.

the one in the pic isn't the one I am looking at- I just checked with the owner if his trailer is braked- luckily (or unluckily) it is. 

I did look a 470 breeze on the central coast a few weeks ago, but could instantly tell that we would out grow it fairly quickly... esp if I take myself and 2 mates out fishing.