Crowdy Head

Fish_More

Hi all

Appears to be a bit of a weather window for next weekend, so have booked a site at Harrington for next Thursday through to Sunday.  Never fished Crowdy/Harrington in August.  What should I expect?

Don't really care if I come up donuts, just want to get out and give it a crack given everything that has happened recently!

Cheers

Mark

Greetings Fish_More,

Welcome to Crowdy Head. We have not been out due to the weather and that 4 letter word w*rk. You can expect snapper on the shallow to mid reefs out to 50m, flathead on the northern or southern grounds from 40-60m, some pearlies mixed in with a bit of luck. If you go wider and not too much current try for bar cod & kings in 100m+ straight out & SE of lighthouse -bit of a run in smaller boats - check the forecast!!!. For Snapper try SP's - see Wazza's post, flathead/deeper reefs best is bait & SP's combo etc on paternoster. No idea on surface activity. Good luck - Hoods (call sign if we're out is Wahoo).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys.  Did not end up taking the boat.  Put it in for a service in the week leading up to the trip.  When they put the motor support bracket, which is only supposed to go on the port side trim ram, they put it on the starboard side.  Did not notice until I got it home (an hour and half drive from the service centre) and it had knocked a grease nipple off the leg of the motor.  Therefore left the boat at home and just had a good family weekend.

• Like 1

Forgot to mention, given did not have the boat, decided to go for a drive from Crowdy up to Sout West Rocks.  Walked out along the breakwall and watched a few boats go in an out of the bar.  It was an incoming tide, however, given everything I have read about the SWR bay, I was pleasantly surprised how calm it was and would have had no hesitation going across it. I don't know what the weather actually was, however the forecast was a bit average.