Can someone identify my tinnie?

OZrevhead

Hey fisho's, I bought a tinnie last December and now I want to upgrade so it's for sale but this leads me to identifying the hull. It is unbranded (previous owner had it blasted and painted), it has no build plate but has a HIN. It is registered as unknown manufacturer, O runabout. Does anyone know what brand and maybe model it might be? It's registered as 4.4m if that helps. I would love to know what it can legally carry (people and engine rating). 

Any help would be great.

:)

MmsCamera_2020-08-27-15-58-11.jpg

IMG_20200827_164313.jpg

boat2.JPG

Edited by OZrevhead

Looks like a pretty newish boat not to have a HIN or ABP.

Boats have been required to have a ABP since 2006 & HIN since 2001, of course if was pre that time&  it didnt have a HIN from the 1st owner then to get it transfered now it needs to have one fitted!

Not sure if its something you need to do prior to selling or up to the buyer post sale, but you will need to check on that with one of these guy's or the RMS

https://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/maritime/registration/boatcode/boatcode-agents.html

Sorry no idea, anything in the bow under the top plate or under the rear stern transom support?

Edited by kingie chaser

Looks a bit early Stacer like, but I can remember any Stacer model having that little spray deflector on the front chine, some early Savage did have it, but it doesn't look like a Savage to me. There was a lot of builders pop up for short periods of time back around the mid 90's

@ kingie chaser - you misread, it has a HIN but no build plate

The motor and trailer are dated 2003 but I wouldn't be surprised if the hull is a bit older.

Thanks boys, hopefully someone see it and go yep I know what that is

😄

Edited by OZrevhead

Not always, the info has to be known when the HIN was done, if it was done years after the boat was made, (and lots were, because it was only necessary to sell the boat at the time) lots of info is just "made up" to suit.

31 minutes ago, noelm said:

Not always, the info has to be known when the HIN was done, if it was done years after the boat was made, (and lots were, because it was only necessary to sell the boat at the time) lots of info is just "made up" to suit.

True, I guess usually someone has at least an old rego certicicate.

My old tinny didnt have a HIN & hadnt been registered in about 15 years but when I transfered I had the old rego papers with make/model & would sort of expect when buying a boat the seller would have it.

My boat was my fathers anyway so knew all about it & still had the manifactureres plate on it.

Bit of a worry if a HIN is put on & there's no rego papers but then again there are some pretty old boats out there that have been messed with/painted & who knows what happens to the HIN if there was one??

Edited by kingie chaser

Ok, send us through a picture of your HIN & I will have a dig.

It can take hours to search through leads on any available info!

So no other markings other than this HIN?

No guarantees but I am a half decent internet searcher/investigator given enough time.

Otherwise have a nice life 😅

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jeffb5.8 said:

Looks like a early Quintrex Hunter

All the hunters I see the last section of the bow rail is different where they end in a V down to the point of the bow.

Anyway I spent 2 hours doing research, the HIN is generic with no MFCR code.

I tried!

8 minutes ago, OZrevhead said:

Thanks for your effort too kingie, cheers

Looks like its sold now pending payment

🙂

Thats good news :thumbup:

hopefully you will hang around as a contributor.

We like to see people being part of the community 😉

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 1