Size matters

kiwibrown

IMG_20200521_080446.thumb.jpg.9e6b8856d321185ebf0a94da4023f3bf.jpg

Hi all, 

Paddled out to my spot again in middle harbour last Friday. Great conditions. Been challenged to get a legal kingy before 30/09 . You guys know what it's like from a non fisher...." You never get anything to bring home'

So I'm fired up to do the damage. Down to 4 days a week thanks to the Rona so had a good time to prepare and plan.

I'm reliant on yakkas and they are seemingly hard to get at the moment. I managed one amongst the multitude of pinkies . It was perfect size so sent him down. 

You know how all fisher people have a 6th sense..it came in handy. For some reason glanced at the rod in the holder and it was bent over, grabbed it and hung on thinking challenge done. Alas 59cm.

Not much else but it feels like a good summer coming on.

One question , in middle harbour (close to spit bridge) where there is a decent current around tide change how do you berley?

I use bread but it drifts away pretty quick. Any help ?

Cheers 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, kiwibrown said:

One question , in middle harbour (close to spit bridge) where there is a decent current around tide change how do you berley?

I use bread but it drifts away pretty quick. Any help ?

Cheers 

Nice work on the king, still a lot of fun at that size :biggrinthumb:

On the burley, I dont think it would hurt to have a log in a mesh bag attached to the kayak, is saying that there is also the chance it could attrack the occassional shark 😬

I mean you could also cube as well or maybe some mushed up pilchards in a bread slurry which could bring snapper along as well as the kings butit can easily drift away in current so its nice to also have a larger amount of scent that is drawing then towards you imo.

But yes there are a number of ways you could approach this.

Edited by kingie chaser