Boambee Creek

Ribs

Last minute family holiday to Boambee, wow what a magic place. 

Searched for content and found a few reports from the area, so first day did what Scratchie did and scream down the beach at low tide, 1st cast flaty on, managed 3 in 30 mins, my young fella only 1 but he’s getting better now and loves a flick with the old man. 3 high 30’s landed and released and only a 43cm kept for the crab pot. 

Next day Hit the Sand flats after seeing a 80cm caught on a pilly tail by a 10 year old girl, first fish ever, good on her I say fish of a lifetime which she will never forget. I Flicked 3 arvo low tides in a row and managed 6 fish, kept a 45 and 49 for the table.  

3 muddies in total, 2 Jenny’s and a small buck, all released, still too cold for them but Always good fun checking the pot each morning with my son.

My mate went for a dive around one of the Coffs islands yesterday and shot a 13kg king and grabbed a few Crays, water tooo cold for me🥶. Another fella from the resort caught a 95 Jew on the beach at night and lost a metre in the wash. Highly recommended the 4wd tracks up the escarpment, water falls and some off the beaten track fun in the bush,  all in all a top spot to spend a week with the family. 

BAFB3ED2-04D9-48AF-8C90-95A9E24FF977.jpeg

37DB60F4-9B31-4B25-B71A-D9234A6FFF29.jpeg

97F3ADB2-F1FF-4AE7-B910-DB5B5143136D.jpeg

• Like 3

Nice one there champ. did you guys stay at boambee creek resort? keen to play a trip with the kids in the future. just looking at the shallow water are just amazing.  do you need to set traps land base for craps or on a boat. and i notice one muddie spoted during bright day light lol. thats just awesome fun!

Yowie, no lobby for me, We left Saturday back to bonnet bay, but the Jew cutlets on the bbq was a treat! 

Papa, yeh mate the resort, ideal family place, plenty to do, kids love it, so does dad so we’ll get back there for sure. I Walk traps out on LT, have a flick in the Chanel and get back before you have to walk thru waste deep water. Seen that Jenny come back to the trap after I caught her already, so left 3 flaty frames for her to munch on when I left, plenty of smaller crabs around especially on sunrise.

Jeff, i was thinking of u when I got out of the ute on the beach, Mrs grabbed her seat, daughter snorkelled, me and the young fella Flicked around for a 1st cast fish, everybody happy, thanks bro ! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ribs said:

Yowie, no lobby for me, We left Saturday back to bonnet bay, but the Jew cutlets on the bbq was a treat! 

Papa, yeh mate the resort, ideal family place, plenty to do, kids love it, so does dad so we’ll get back there for sure. I Walk traps out on LT, have a flick in the Chanel and get back before you have to walk thru waste deep water. Seen that Jenny come back to the trap after I caught her already, so left 3 flaty frames for her to munch on when I left, plenty of smaller crabs around especially on sunrise.

Jeff, i was thinking of u when I got out of the ute on the beach, Mrs grabbed her seat, daughter snorkelled, me and the young fella Flicked around for a 1st cast fish, everybody happy, thanks bro ! 

Ribs! mate that awesome, will be making a booking real soon! im just surprise you can spot muddie during the day. i caught them up forester with traps like you said walk out on low tide and toss out another 5 metre and then retrieve back over night with a robe. but sometimes i fine it missing as other camper might putt it in and look in it. but the main thing is getting the kids involve. like you said. if it is possible to just leave a trap during LT and retreive it back in 2 hrs thats great fun~~! thx