Middle Hawkesbury Mid Nov houseboat tips

gzola

Hello raiders,

I've booked couple of nights on a houseboat for a mental wellbeing boys trip (escape from the missus 24/7 due to covid🤪) from Wisemans ferry in mid November and I was hoping if fellow raiders can help us out with some tips and spots. 

I'm fairly used to fishing Pittwater, Cowan and Smith but I have no idea what to expect anywhere upstream especially without a sounder. We can only go as far as Mooney Mooney bridge down the river. I guess Berowra waters could also be an option tho we aren't allowed to go in too far. 

Any pointers for decent places to anchor down for the night with decent fishing, daytime spots, baits to use would be greatly appreciated. 

We will salute you as we smash through our slabs of beer.

Thanks guys!!

Thanks Kingie chaser for taking time for us. Unfortunately we aren't allowed to go past the bridge. Our boundaries are Wisemans - Mooney road bridge + parts of berowra

I did try searching prev posts but most of them were for lower reaches of the river. 

50 minutes ago, gzola said:

Thanks Kingie chaser for taking time for us. Unfortunately we aren't allowed to go past the bridge. Our boundaries are Wisemans - Mooney road bridge + parts of berowra

I did try searching prev posts but most of them were for lower reaches of the river. 

No problem, just remembered that other post from a long time ago but no idea on the exact location.

I'm not familiar with the area & I'm sure where you hire the house boat from has their rules you need to stick to. 

I'm sure someone else can offer you some sound ideas/advice, worst case maybe use Google earth & the rms map could help.

Also sometimes the search tab can be tricky to use & often works better with one word like just searching Berowra or wisemans or similar to narrow the end search content.

Hope you enjoy yourself anyway :thumbup:

Edited by kingie chaser

If you do a YouTube search for Fishing the Hawkesbury bruce schumacher you will find a series of videos - all be it old that show you some of the better spots in the system from spencer down stream.

You can also download an app called navionics for your phone or ipad that will give you a marine chart showing depths and contours , this will allow you to check  out any likely spots like deep holes , rock bars and areas that cause a disturbance in the flow of the river - it also give you tides and i think moorings as well .

See below:

this is a screen shot of the app i use - i have no ties to it i just think it is a useful app for fishing .

5C384F0B-BC5B-4DA5-ADBE-F346500B81EC.thumb.png.46a28c7d2adf37a4498927168407f40c.png

• Like 1