Save the App that Could Save your Life- Emergency Plus

Triple G

Hi Raiders,

A good little app to save on your smart phone. It has just ben updated for those that may have it already.

It give's you your location on land with latitude and longitude co ordinates if you don't know where you are in an emergency.

Great for remote & local rock fishing and bushwalking trips.

Not sure how far at sea this would work though as I have only tested it 1 to 2km offshore.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Triple G said:

Hi Raiders,

A good little app to save on your smart phone. It has just ben updated for those that may have it already.

It give's you your location on land with latitude and longitude co ordinates if you don't know where you are in an emergency.

Great for remote & local rock fishing and bushwalking trips.

Not sure how far at sea this would work though as I have only tested it 1 to 2km offshore.

Cheers!

Had it for years & think its a great thing to have on you phone but unsure how works or even if the GPS location will work without any support from mobile towers??

Maybe a tech guru can answer that because I cant find the answer after looking??

But its one of the reasons why I would not rely solely on it if going somewhere out of the way or remote which is why I carry a KTI PLB with me when I know I am going to be possibly "off grid"

Another good one to have is either the Red Cross 1st Aid app or the St.Johns, I believe that one once downloaded you dont need any connection to access the information & could also save a life 😀

Just to add if you check you settings on your phone whatever make it might be I'd suggest you select automatic updates so all your apps are updated & you dont really need to do anything. 

Some apps will say the files are to large & you should use a wifi connection but if your plan has enough data then you can bypass this anyway, otherwise again they should automatically download once you connect to your home wifi.

Edited by kingie chaser