Pittwater/broken bay slow lately

Vara

Just wondering how fellow fishos are fairing out of Pittwater. 

My experience in the last 12 days has been pretty slow and struggling to catch anything of note despite time invested. 

fads - 2 trips no dollies stacks of rats. 
newport reef - 2 trips slow trolling live squid, slimmies and yakkas. Squid and yakkas smashed by rats. No legal fish caught. 

reefs - Snapper scarce

flatties - reliable one 50 m thank god for them. Always get a good feed. 

Shelf - two trips, boated and released one striped marlin. hooked and lost one marlin. All in 200m of water north of bait station. No dollies as a by catch. 

pittwAter - legal Kingies not sighted around the usual spots. One king landed 90cms at cottage point slow trolling squid. 

ettalong - two trips on runout ride late evening no Jews. 

about to turn attention to Jews up the river. 

is it me or others finding it slow. Thankfully bait seems easy to catch. Slimmies everywhere. Yakkas good and squid surprisingly good too. 

hope all well. 

a frustrated fisho 

Edited by Vara
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Vara said:

Just wondering how fellow fishos are fairing out of Pittwater. 

My experience in the last 12 days has been pretty slow and struggling to catch anything of note despite time invested. 

fads - 2 trips no dollies stacks of rats. 
newport reef - 2 trips slow trolling live squid, slimmies and yakkas. Squid and yakkas smashed by rats. No legal fish caught. 

reefs - Snapper scarce

flatties - reliable one 50 m thank god for them. Always get a good feed. 

Shelf - two trips, boated and released one striped marlin. hooked and lost one marlin. All in 200m of water north of bait station. No dollies as a by catch. 

pittwAter - legal Kingies not sighted around the usual spots. One king landed 90cms at cottage point slow trolling squid. 

ettalong - two trips on runout ride late evening no Jews. 

about to turn attention to Jews up the river. 

is it me or others finding it slow. Thankfully bait seems easy to catch. Slimmies everywhere. Yakkas good and squid surprisingly good too. 

hope all well. 

a frustrated fisho 

If you need a deckie for a couple of outings Im  available looks like i Will learn something.

3.30am wake up today worried about crowds (none)at parsley bay on water 4.15 few spots for lives ended up with 2 squid ok that's a start. Over to Scotland  island where we had seen and lost a king the week before on light gear so we had heavy gear today.after about a hour without a touch decided squid for dinner and chase flathead done the usual drifts for bugger all.ok a bit wet but not to windy let's go to 50 mtr Mark bloody horrible out there but after heaps of undersize fish 2 nice flathead and calamari for tea. Don't think daughters boyfriend was impressed may need new fishing  mate bloody chicken 

21 hours ago, Fun2fish said:

3.30am wake up today worried about crowds (none)at parsley bay on water 4.15 few spots for lives ended up with 2 squid ok that's a start. Over to Scotland  island where we had seen and lost a king the week before on light gear so we had heavy gear today.after about a hour without a touch decided squid for dinner and chase flathead done the usual drifts for bugger all.ok a bit wet but not to windy let's go to 50 mtr Mark bloody horrible out there but after heaps of undersize fish 2 nice flathead and calamari for tea. Don't think daughters boyfriend was impressed may need new fishing  mate bloody chicken 

I hope he was providing burley overboard at least.

On 12/29/2020 at 3:40 PM, Fun2fish said:

He learnt that lesson awhile ago now takes tablets as I warn everyone coming onboard I won't turn around. The conditions outside were rough to say the least we were the only idiots out there. I had a trip in Vanuatu cut short because a young bloke got seasick told his dad I was ok going in early but I want do it for an adult after I have warned them.