Opinions on hydrofoils?

Fab1

Hi Fab, my experience and thoughts are written up above - see post dated January 12, 2021.

Nothing has changed to convince me otherwise… although I did just edit the post to correct my mis-spelt name 🤣 not sure how I did that originally….

If a bigger anti ventilation plate was the answer- all the manufacturers would be building outboards with them. 

cheers Z

41 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

Hi Fab, my experience and thoughts are written up above - see post dated January 12, 2021.

Nothing has changed to convince me otherwise… although I did just edit the post to correct my mis-spelt name 🤣 not sure how I did that originally….

If a bigger anti ventilation plate was the answer- all the manufacturers would be building outboards with them. 

cheers Z

I’m sure he will find your comments and make up his own mind.

Yup. Everyone has to make their own decision on this one.

I’m only going if my experience … and it’s interesting that you have had your rig out twice since you fitted the permatrim and already experienced an unexpected loss of control. 

cheers Z

21 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

Yup. Everyone has to make their own decision on this one.

I’m only going if my experience … and it’s interesting that you have had your rig out twice since you fitted the permatrim and already experienced an unexpected loss of control. 

cheers Z

It can be only caused by 2 things mate.The foil or because the outboard was 2 low combined with the foil.Cav plate is 1 inch above hull now instead of 4 inches below.

Will test with it still on as we spoke and if it’s ok now I’ll keep it on as it’s improved my boat in everything from planning to steering to fuel consumption.If it’s still doing it I’ll test again with it removed.

• Like 1