Soft plastics question.

Fab1

On 1/23/2021 at 4:37 PM, Fab1 said:

Hi guys I know the done thing is using braid with soft plastics matched to flurocarbon and graphite rods but can you use straight through mono on light glass rods for a while to see if soft plastics fishing is for you?

Yeah it how I started and now its my main type of fishing, theres plenty of budget lure rods out there you just need to go in store and look at what you want to get, if you decide lures aren't for you you can always turn the rod into a bait outfit

I would say the gear you are using is too heavy, the lighter it is the easier to use and the more enjoyable it will be.

I use a  2 - 4kg Shimano Raider rod fitted with a  Shimano Sedona 1000 and 6lb braid, 1m of 8lb mono as a leader. Keeping it as light as possible will allow you to cast further and more accurately which will result in more fish. Caught plenty of flatties on this combo right up to 76cm.

58 minutes ago, DerekD said:

If want to have a chat to talk through little details feel free to PM me your number. Also if you get to the lower North shore of Sydney I'm happy to give you an introduction to soft plastic and similar lures lesson.

I'm in the north shore now!!!😂😂😂Work!!!

@Fab1 The guys have already said do not mix plastics with other plastics. If they leak after opening put them in a snaplock bag.

Old plastics. If they are bent over or shriveled up, before you throw them out put them in boiling water for about 30 seconds. The water must be boiling. Most plastics have a memory. After the boiling water put hem on a towel to dry out. You will find most plastics react to this and come back to normal and some don't. I have also tried this method on prerigged lures and it has worked.

Cheers.