Dangerous Debris Alert

mrsswordfisherman

A timely warning.  Did you see the 40 foot container that hit the Webbs Creek ferry and then was heading towards the houseboats.  The owner of the houseboats pushed it back out and away from his boats.  This is only one debris item that is currently in the Hawkesbury.  My advice is stay safe by staying off the river until it returns to normal.  There will be pontoons, caravans and untold detritus floating either on the surface or just below .

Just stay safe and stay out of the river.

• Like 1

Don't know where that container ended up, I hope he pushed it somewhere into the mangroves so it didn't cause damage.

Hard to know how to react to such a large item in a strong drift, do you push it into shore where it would act as a dam and collect more debris OR do you guide it out to sea ?.

Frank

11 hours ago, bessell1955 said:

A timely warning.  Did you see the 40 foot container that hit the Webbs Creek ferry and then was heading towards the houseboats.  The owner of the houseboats pushed it back out and away from his boats.  This is only one debris item that is currently in the Hawkesbury.  My advice is stay safe by staying off the river until it returns to normal.  There will be pontoons, caravans and untold detritus floating either on the surface or just below .

Just stay safe and stay out of the river.