Cowan Creek 30-03-2021

hucho hucho

Went to explore one of my favourite fishing area Cowan Creek yesterday. Came to Apple Tree Bay before 9am. Car park was empty, no cars with trailers. Beautiful day but the water was still muddy, visibility 2-3 feet. I could not locate any live bait so I just used frozen white pilchards, plastic lures, metal vibes, freshwater metal lure and squid lures. In 5 hours I caught one pinkie and 2 undersized breams on pilchards only. Water was very quiet, nearly no fish activity visible. It was incoming tide when I came and it was interesting that I haven't noticed strong water movement at all. Water level was very high all 5-6 hours. Could be still affected by Hawkesbury River floods?

IMG_5815.jpg

IMG_5818.jpg

IMG_5820.jpg

IMG_5822.jpg

• Like 1

Nice report, Most of Sydneys catchment drains through there ( Hawksbury)  still draining I reckon. However Im going fishing tomorrow Thursday out of port jackson water looked good today

Edited by blaxland
  • Thanks 1

Great to get feedback after “the big wet” Hucho, thanks for feedback. I was at Parsley bay earlier in the week and heaps of rubbish and dirty water. I reckon it’ll be another week or two at least till things settle, then it will be a cracker autumn with heaps of hungry fish😁😁

• Thanks 1