need advice broken reel

Hi, 

So i have broken the ant reverse switch on my reel. It has snapped apart. Spare parts are also unavailable 

Im thinking i could either 3d print a new one or try and drill it our and put a piece of wire through it and then fill it with resin. Would any of these work?

Is there a better way to fix this?

I guess it depends on the reel if it's worth messing around with, if it's a cheapie, just toss it and buy another one, if it's a decent reel, then maybe it's worth attempting a fix.

Most high end reels especially the bigger ones with more powerful drags do not have an anti reverse, as it's just one more thing to fail.  As already suggested, I would set it forward and leave it as it is rarely used.  If your realy determined to fix, attach a photo of broken part, as your more likely to get suggestions on a fix.   Ron

15 hours ago, campr said:

Most high end reels especially the bigger ones with more powerful drags do not have an anti reverse, as it's just one more thing to fail.  As already suggested, I would set it forward and leave it as it is rarely used.  If your realy determined to fix, attach a photo of broken part, as your more likely to get suggestions on a fix.   Ron

I have made a 3d CAD design for this and can print it in PLA. would this have any chance of working or should I use ABS or one of the metal filaments 

I also have another reel where one of the teeth have snapped on the main gear and there aren't any spares available. 

WIN_20210404_08_39_48_Pro.jpg