hook size and weight for soft plastics

bkk

2 hours ago, bkk said:

yep ive had a look but i wouldnt take bream or leatherjackets as they live near the bottom, but the water seems to be clean there however but cant risk it. i feel like they should conduct a more recent test for the dioxins in fish as the last one was about ten years ago

I release most of the stuff I catch from the harbor because I  can't be bothered to drag a big enough esky there LOL, I have eaten fish from there and haven't had any issues nor have I heard of people having issues from eating from there. Its your choice whether you want to or not, I would never eat it raw though or eat to much. I'm sure you get a bit of tidal movement in there so it should help. I have even seen people eating stuff from the paramatta river (would not suggest it) but in the harbor around the bridge should be fine as long as you cook it and don't eat to much 

3 minutes ago, slothparade said:

I release most of the stuff I catch from the harbor because I  can't be bothered to drag a big enough esky there LOL, I have eaten fish from there and haven't had any issues nor have I heard of people having issues from eating from there. Its your choice whether you want to or not, I would never eat it raw though or eat to much. I'm sure you get a bit of tidal movement in there so it should help. I have even seen people eating stuff from the paramatta river (would not suggest it) but in the harbor around the bridge should be fine as long as you cook it and don't eat to much 

ive always wanted to try bonito or king raw, but last time i cooked the bonito and my king was not even in its 50s. im not sure why anyone would want to eat fish from parra it would only cause themselves more harm. 

are there any places on the eastern side or other spots to catch kings and bonitos or should i go experiment sometime when i am able to?

3 minutes ago, bkk said:

ive always wanted to try bonito or king raw, but last time i cooked the bonito and my king was not even in its 50s. im not sure why anyone would want to eat fish from parra it would only cause themselves more harm. 

are there any places on the eastern side or other spots to catch kings and bonitos or should i go experiment sometime when i am able to?

Bonito probably wouldn't be great raw, kingfish is though. 

8 minutes ago, slothparade said:

ahh ok. then straight onto ice? 

All fish especially pelagics taste so much better & helps the quality of the meat last longer (eg up to  4 days in the fridge) a saltwater ice slurry is even better as it brings down there core temperature faster

2 hours ago, slothparade said:

Bonito probably wouldn't be great raw, kingfish is though. 

ive heard some people say they preferred bonito raw over king, which made me quite surprised and curious

On 5/2/2021 at 5:09 PM, bkk said:

Legal size for kings are 65cm btw....

On 5/4/2021 at 10:36 AM, anthman said:

Legal size for kings are 65cm btw....

yeh ik we released it straightaway after taking a picture and measuring

also what brand size and colour would u recommend for paddle tails and jerk shads?

25 minutes ago, bkk said:

yeh ik we released it straightaway after taking a picture and measuring

also what brand size and colour would u recommend for paddle tails and jerk shads?

Pearl, catches everything 

20 minutes ago, dirvin21 said:

Pearl, catches everything 

i have the pearl and dark shad for zman diezel minnowz so i thought i might mix it up but maybe not?

is it just the gulp! ones for jerkshad and is there a particular size

do i not need to get a paddle tail bc i already have zman diezek minnowz?