Juno Point

Novice101

Hi Everyone

New to the hawkesbury area and was wanting to have a crack at Juno Point in the near future. Now not knowing a great deal of the river system can anyone give me some hints and tips to Juno or guide me to an informative fishing report/guide. We will be having a crack at the Flatheads and Jews and whatever by catches may come.

Thanks in Advance everyone

Hey ‘101, some big Jewies come in from Juno, but also big rays and pike eels. Best fished on a small tide as big tides produce a lot of run. You can get livies nearby at West Head and there are plenty of squid in and around the weed beds there.

Have a look at the YouTube channel linked below , on this guys channel there is a series of videos made by Bruce Schumacher on the Hawkesbury/ Broken bay system showing most of the best spots for Mulloway ( Jewies ) It may have been made many years ago but the info , locations and techniques are still relevant .
https://youtube.com/user/diaryofamilkman

(look in his videos section for fishing the Hawkesbury )

You are really at the end of the Mulloway season but the floods may have worked in your favour by keeping the fish in the river longer , I believe the big ones move out  to the inshore reefs about now .

Elanorah bluff Produces an eddy around into the mouth of cowan ( see image below )the same as juno does on the run out - look for the trash on the surface as there will be a patch of it where the eddy is , I get the occasional flathead there but have never targeted Mulloway there ( Flint and Steel was my preferred spot )

AB5510E3-7E9B-4993-981E-20B25B5B2A51.thumb.jpeg.46cbc9a21ad9461d42686c6af2ddca58.jpeg

• Like 1