Electric Strange Earth

Ryder

Hi Raiders

Ive scored a pretty heavy duty coffee machine with a plug the won’t fit a normal socket.

The earth has an extra bit to it at the top. What’s going on?E902DDF5-92C5-4805-8883-CC3C83986D95.thumb.jpeg.6993953de37401d9c46cf9010ce82ba4.jpegimage.thumb.jpg.f4751ff2bed2c7b8e8b942796791b35c.jpg

image.jpg

Nice small commercial machine for home!

Would have probably been 4K+ new!

Probably still worth 2K if its in good working order & it looks in pretty good nic!!

Have to admit I've not seen a plug like that before myself but see the 15A all the time at work.

25A is a lot of pull & I imagine you would need an electrician to put in a properly rated power point & check the circuit under use otherwise you might fry your house wiring & or cause a fire, especially if you have older wiring & no circuit breaker!

Cheers Kingie Chaser

It would take up a lot of bench space, little over the top for my morning coffee. Couldn’t believe the price new, up around 7K. Scored the grinder too which works, new  selling for about 1K.

I don’t know how I’m going to test the machineimage.thumb.jpg.b68b74da9d91202d22b711fb06e5665a.jpg

7 hours ago, Ryder said:

Cheers Kingie Chaser

It would take up a lot of bench space, little over the top for my morning coffee. Couldn’t believe the price new, up around 7K. Scored the grinder too which works, new  selling for about 1K.

I don’t know how I’m going to test the machineimage.thumb.jpg.b68b74da9d91202d22b711fb06e5665a.jpg

If you got all that for free then you did score big time.

If I got that for free & owned my own house then I would be calling the electrician to get it juiced up & ordering some fresh roasted Arabica coffee beans & for 2 x 10 minutes a day I would be in total bliss & forget what is happening in the rest of the world  😉