FIRST and PB Bully Mullet on a soft plastic!!! With a couple nice flathead mixed in! 1/05/21

JamoDamo

Congrats Jamo! Well done on putting yourself out there and succeeding! No doubt this is a sign of bigger things to come! All the best for the new gig and try to at least get paid a little bit in real money...rather than gear :D

Edited by Little_Flatty
Spelling
  • Like 2

Congrates on the job.

I did a couple of years working in a Fishing tackle store at Matraville when i was younger. Loved it, every customer you could either teach something to or learn something from.

Enjoy it and try not to buy too much gear.

Ash

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Oscarthebeagle said:

Congrates on the job.

I did a couple of years working in a Fishing tackle store at Matraville when i was younger. Loved it, every customer you could either teach something to or learn something from.

Enjoy it and try not to buy too much gear.

Ash

Was it Fishfinder on Bunnerong Rd? 

Fishfinder Bait and Tackle owned by Tony Davis was a longtime sponsor of fishraider in the early days. I had my first custom made rod made by him and still use it :) 

We had some raider evenings there that were fun with casting comps up the side of the shop. I also grew up in Coogee and Maroubra area. 

2 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Was it Fishfinder on Bunnerong Rd? 

Fishfinder Bait and Tackle owned by Tony Davis was a longtime sponsor of fishraider in the early days. I had my first custom made rod made by him and still use it :) 

We had some raider evenings there that were fun with casting comps up the side of the shop. I also grew up in Coogee and Maroubra area. 

Yes it was FishFinder Bait and Tackle, I worked there for a year or so  in my early 20's, not long after he first took over. I worked at Andrew Short Marine for a while before that.

I ran the store a couple of days a week and helped out on busy days. Confused a few of the customers as I had a passing resemblance for Tony and customers assumed i was his son.

Tony is a very friendly, incredibly knowledgeable fisherman,  and I still have a couple of his (or Pauls) custom rods. I loved working there chatting to the customers, enjoyed the regulars who just liked to drop by for a chat, Bert was an old local fisherman, Trapman of Bermagui's dad loved a chat, Joe and Stan from South Sydney fishing club and my dad regularly found a reason to be passing by. I remember one busy day giving a regular customer a crash course on the cash register and him working for 1/2 hour while i served other customers.

Always hated the customers who would pick my brain about fishing gear before going to Kmart down the road buying a rod and bringing back to me to help set up, I always tried to get them for some terminal tackle, bait and new line.

I learnt a lot working there and hopefully was able to teach some people as well. I left on good terms when a better job opportunity came up in a different industry, never found another job that was more fun than working a tackle store.

Ash

• Like 2