Pumping yabbies near Gosford NSW (Central Coast)

Ray25

Hi All!

I always pumped yabbies at Ettalong but with the 10 km rule in the latest restrictions I can't do it any more. I found out from this forum there is a spot at the end of Pacific St Wamberal (it's still within 10km for me) opposite the motel but couldn't find any yabbies (may be wrong tide, I don't know).

Would appreciate if you could tell me a good spot.

Thanks in advance,

Roman

You can find them anywhere, low tide is best (unless you have a floating sieve) just wander around sand flats and look for lots of holes, I find the edge of channels to be best.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, noelm said:

You can find them anywhere, low tide is best (unless you have a floating sieve) just wander around sand flats and look for lots of holes, I find the edge of channels to be best.

Thanks for your advice, I tried today locally but couldn't find any. Would really appreciate if you could point me in the right direction 🙂

The other alternative is to give lures a shot. It will be tough going being winter but at least you won’t need to worry about bait.

Other wise, just enjoy the fresh air and  make an adventure of it. You never know, you might find a bait ground closer to home!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, XD351 said:

You could try Saratoga oval off Steyn rd, we used to get them there and green clickers but that was a long time ago !

Thanks heaps mate! Went there today and pumped enough for tomorrow's beach fishing 👍

11 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

The other alternative is to give lures a shot. It will be tough going being winter but at least you won’t need to worry about bait.

Other wise, just enjoy the fresh air and  make an adventure of it. You never know, you might find a bait ground closer to home!

Thanks for advise mate! I'm a lures fisherman actually. But I use them mostly from my kayak as I don't have much success on the beach. I used to buy pilchard and prawns for beach fishing but recently started pumping yabbies and they are amazing bait for free. Anyway, as I said in my previous post, pumped enough thanks to XD351.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Roman said:

Thanks for advise mate! I'm a lures fisherman actually. But I use them mostly from my kayak as I don't have much success on the beach. I used to buy pilchard and prawns for beach fishing but recently started pumping yabbies and they are amazing bait for free. Anyway, as I said in my previous post, pumped enough thanks to XD351.

Pleased to hear you found some bait. You don’t need to travel so far anymore! There’s benefits in that post pandemic as well! 😎

Enjoy your fishing trip and make sure you report on results!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, XD351 said:

No probloemo!

Hope you get a few fish !

Got 2 nice bream today off the beach and lost something bigger (broke leader). Dinner sorted. Thanks again 😉

• Like 1