Restrictions to fishing

Offtherockss

I can access the ramp as its within 10km and in my LGA, but honestly, I don't need to go fishing, I don't want to be the idiot who gets onto strife one the water and puts first responders at risk when they have to deal with morons intentionally dong the wrong thing. 

ill wait till restrictions ease, then head out.

in other news, I did start and run the boat lat week, so that was a plus. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m not even in lockdown in Port Stephens and I’m still not fishing! We just lay low. If Health NSW was to contact trace me, they would find I mainly just went to work at Bunnings, my local supermarket, my local servo and 1 or 2 local cafes or restaurants a week for takeaway only. My wife works from home and hardly gets out at all.  It’s pretty much been like that for roughly 15 months. We have family locked down in Sydney and have to suffice with video calls. My wife’s 90 year old uncle lives alone and is getting quite frail and his own kids can’t see him - they drop care packages at the door.

Please stay at home, people, if you can. Get vaccinated, if you can, and stay safe!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

they would find I mainly just went to work at Bunnings, my local supermarket, my local servo and 1 or 2 local cafes or restaurants a week for takeaway only.

These places are where probably 90% of all transmissions, close & casual contact situations are arising here in Sydney & the probably the biggest issue is contact tracing is usually 2 days behind in notifying you or the business that you have been to one, there have been about 10+ bunnings stores where someone with covid has been & so many supermarkets.

I look on the NSW health covid case location page everyday & any time I think I need to just go to the supermarket as you just dont know where you could get caught up in an outbreak or possibly have to isolate..................... even more than usual 🙄

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/case-locations-and-alerts.aspx

I went to see my 94 year old dad in the nursing home the day after the Bondi outbreak started as I had a feeling the shit was going to hit the fan & for some unknown reason he was in the homes church with a lot of other residents so I left without seeing him, now I have missed the opportunity to see him for who knows how long but in the back of your mind you just hope that I will see him again.
Then I find out while all the residents have all been vaccinated only 30% of the staff were not 🤬

And its in the Bankstown LGA!

Its hard enough worrying about how secure your job is but yeh you feel pretty helpless.
Then you see those halfwits protesting & putting everyone in danger & quite probably extending the lockdown, makes your blood boil image.gif.264ff9934dede03ac6bdc05f3245ce57.gifimage.gif.9d0da8d81e84bb857096ddb1217e0e5d.gifimage.gif.15c23a898e1fa62183a6829fef777cf8.gifimage.gif.8c0633d637d8cf059ee9090c5a5137e6.gif

They are going to find it hard to bring the numbers down I feel unless people just dont go out unless they absolutely have to 😒

As for vaccination, I've had mine, I was hesitant as I had a bad reaction to the flu vaccine but my industry has been hit so hard by this I know the only way out is for at least 70% of the community to get the jab.

Top 10 case locations, no order or names included-

Supermarkets

Chemists

Bakery/cafe's/restaurants

Petrol stations

Hardware's 

Post office

Bottle shops

Shopping centre's

Bank's

Public transport

Edited by kingie chaser

7 minutes ago, motiondave said:

I loose count how many people I see out with masks only covering their bottom lip, or not covering their nose, and they sneeze and drip boogers around.

I try to limit trips to shops for food but if any of you have teenagers at home, then tend to demolish the food source in one day, which is annoying having regular trips to buy top up food because of their appetites .
I work with 40-50 people , 5 days a week, and we all have masks, gloves, sanitize , wear contact tracing qr code tags, scan in and out at work , and all come from different areas of Sydney. 

that and outside in the smoko shed, which I do not go to, they are hugging and kissing (obviously women in this case), 
yet the boss, despite being asked a year ago, does not want to bring in , in-house covid vax. Free choice or not, we are a critical industry supply chain, they are not exactly protecting their business.

Government, if they had any brains (which they do not) should have gotten vax into warehouse distribution as a start a LONG time ago. Only IGA recently did this. 

Been hearing how many transport/logistics companies employees are testing positive because they either dont have a covid safe plan or are not sticking to it, apparently 25 cases came out of just 1 company.

This thing is so transmissible that it just take 1 to make it happen in a work place..................................................................................and I think people forget this all actually started from 1 limo driver!

I got sent home from work with the rest of the workplace because we had workers that came form every corner of Sydney, just to dangerous.

Thank fully this time around I am still getting paid..............but not sure how long for?

I think there are $44,000 fines for businesses that remain open that arent essential/critical, I guess thats a very subjective subject.

Edited by kingie chaser

Everybody is hurting with this pandemic and the outbreaks and lockdowns. Each one of us has a story to tell. 

I hope that all raiders are coping with the challenges to everyday life as best they can. 

This is a very dangerous virus. This is serious right now in Sydney. Most people will be watching the daily 11am presser to hear what the Premier, Health Minister, Police Commissioner and healthcare experts have to tell us. 

More than ever we need to 

STAY AT HOME…GET TESTED…GET VACCINATED

Please go to the government websites to look up the public health orders and all the information.

Take the info from these sites and not from rumour or hearsay or someone else’s incorrect interpretation. 

Sadly people are trying to find loopholes to deliberately get around public health orders. 

Stay safe raiders. 

6FA98618-F5FB-4D28-B82B-4557F7CD235D.jpeg
4D8C7CA2-1723-4C0E-A87B-2B89EF1E235F.jpeg

• Thanks 1