GET VACCINATED and GET YOUR DIGITAL CERTIFICATE

mrsswordfisherman

GET VACCINATED and GET YOUR DIGITAL CERTIFICATE

We can now get a COVID-19 digital vaccination certificate. Some restrictions will be eased for those that have been fully vaccinated. Proof can now be shown on your smartphone. 

Here is how you can get your certificate onto your smartphone

******Adding your COVID-19 digital certificate to a digital wallet******

You can add your COVID-19 digital certificate to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay using either:

**Express Plus Medicare mobile app
OR 
**your Medicare online account through myGov.

If you’re using the Express Plus Medicare mobile app:
•select Immunisation history from Services
•select your name, and then View COVID-19 digital certificate
•select either Add to Apple Wallet or Save to phone for Google Pay.

If you’re using your Medicare online account through myGov:
•sign in to your myGov account
•select Medicare
•select View statement on the Immunisation history tile
•select your name, and then View COVID-19 digital certificate
•select either Add to Apple Wallet or •Save to phone for Google Pay.

You'll need to use either the Safari or Chrome browser on your device.

Cmon raiders step up and get vaccinated! 

33F02D87-660E-40C7-8F2D-57EAE2736E91.jpeg

292F28A2-F2FB-4F25-9342-3D9C59751CE3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

• mrsswordfisherman changed the title to GET VACCINATED and GET YOUR DIGITAL CERTIFICATE
1 minute ago, frankS said:

Donna. I had my second shot last week by my local doctor and she issued me with a written notification of my vaccine shots. Think some sort of official receipt comes from Medicare later on.

Frank 

Frank, if you can download the Medicare Express App and sign in an electronic version will be there already. Any healthcare professionals who are vaccinating will all log into the same place to add details of persons they vaccinate. It is the national Australian Immunisation Register (AIR).

If you're enrolled in Medicare, you’ll already be on the AIR.

Of course the paper certificate is perfectly acceptable too. 

Well done Frank  

1 minute ago, marks1984 said:

Thanks donna do you know if they will put it on the service NSW app or only on the medicare and or MYGOV app

Probably just those two portals but read this posted 2 days ago @marks1984 . They need to work through some other issues. 

https://www.innovationaus.com/nsw-may-add-vaccine-record-to-service-nsw-app/

It is also a great idea for everyone to activate their MyHealthRecord as well 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, motiondave said:

Vax one done yesterday of Pfizer, what a trip, temp up and down, dizziness, aches and muscle soreness.....great stuff. 👍

Second shot of nuke juice in two weeks

I felt fine after my 1st Pfizer apart from my injection arm even though I was hesitant about having any vaccine after a bad reaction to the flu vaccine.

Second Pfizer shot 3 weeks later hit me after 12 hours, sore joints & muscles, headache, hot/cold chills for 12 hours, felt better 12 hours later.

Living on your own makes it much worse that if you have other people around imo.

1 hour ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Some people need help with checking in using a smart phone - see post above

Some people need more than that.

They need to get intrepreters out there for the multicultural community & drive home the message to do the right thing! 

• Like 1

A so called immunologist expert I was listening to this morning said there is no doubt in his mind 100% of the Australian population will eventually get covid at some point, whether thats this year or next.

Your best chance is if you have have had the vaccine but you will still get covid.

The country cannot keep going like this, get vaccinated then open up & let it run its course like the flu does every year.

If not look forward to a permanent paralysis to your freedoms! 

• Like 2

I've had both my AZ's, I was part of the first rollout first dose was a bit brutal but second dose was fine, I just considered it a mere addition to the many vaccines I've had in the name of being a "frontline health worker"

• Like 2

I have had my first AZ with the wife. The next day I got the chills and joint aches but worst were i have arthritis then that eased and during the night a bad headache took some Panadol and it was all gone in the morning. The wife had no side effects. Next jab in a couple of weeks

• Like 1

Fully vaccinated on  2nd August with a copy sitting in my digital wallet on my phone. It is simple, easy and the ticket to freedom and have done it not for me personally, but  to secure the health & safety of my family along with all those around me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

A so called immunologist expert I was listening to this morning said there is no doubt in his mind 100% of the Australian population will eventually get covid at some point, whether thats this year or next.

Your best chance is if you have have had the vaccine but you will still get covid.

The country cannot keep going like this, get vaccinated then open up & let it run its course like the flu does every year.

If not look forward to a permanent paralysis to your freedoms! 

Having vaccine doesn't guarantee you not catching Covid-19. The vaccine teaches your immune system to fight the virus as soon as you get it so it doesn't take off in your body and you get really really sick. With the vaccine you may not even feel any symptoms or you get a mild sickness usually. Just like with influenza though, if it mutates we may need to get boosters each year to cover you for the different variations.

Jim- your friendly pharmacist. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting this Donna. I had my first jab nearly 5 months ago and second one about 6 weeks ago now. AZ vaccine. I currently don't have a smart phone and am wondering if you know of a way to acquire the required proof by any other means, such as a card or some sort of paperwork. 

I will get a new phone in the next month or so, but just wondered if there is an alternative way.

With thanks.

Waza

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jot said:

Having vaccine doesn't guarantee you not catching Covid-19. The vaccine teaches your immune system to fight the virus as soon as you get it so it doesn't take off in your body and you get really really sick. With the vaccine you may not even feel any symptoms or you get a mild sickness usually. Just like with influenza though, if it mutates we may need to get boosters each year to cover you for the different variations.

Thanks Jim, nothing I didn't already know but others may not.

Although our government & a big % of Australia need to take the blinkers off!

Many countries have gone back to life as normal & when I say life as normal I mean normal 2021, living with the virus.

They still have high infection rates even with 70% fully vaccinated but there is a low death rate.

Something our politicians don't want to accept or tell the public about but it will happen here.

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, jot said:

Are you vaccinating Jim? Thanks to the pharmacists coming onboard with the rollout!

The response from the healthcare professionals and allied health has been fabulous. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sean4golf said:

Fully vaccinated on  2nd August with a copy sitting in my digital wallet on my phone. It is simple, easy and the ticket to freedom and have done it not for me personally, but  to secure the health & safety of my family along with all those around me.

Great attitude @Sean4golf 

9 hours ago, wazatherfisherman said:

Thanks for posting this Donna. I had my first jab nearly 5 months ago and second one about 6 weeks ago now. AZ vaccine. I currently don't have a smart phone and am wondering if you know of a way to acquire the required proof by any other means, such as a card or some sort of paperwork. 

I will get a new phone in the next month or so, but just wondered if there is an alternative way.

With thanks.

Waza

@wazatherfisherman if you have a MyGov account go to it and sign in

When you log in there is a quick Link that will take you to "COVID-19 vaccination status"

Click on that link and you are presented with options to "view COVID-19 digital certificate". Select this and it will come on your screen. You can save a copy to your computer and/or print it out. 

PM me if you need help waza

• Thanks 1