One mile beach area

James  Clain

Hey Raiders. I'll keep this short, In early to mid December I will be staying at 1 mile beach near port Stephens. What are the good prospects in the area? General spots I can have a crack at land based. I'm not too worried about species this time around. Some flatty spots? Anything bigger off the beach at this time? I am happy to go for a bit of a drive if it means a good spot. 

Thanks!  

Walk 3/4out the sthn headland  flat ledges  fish for tailer just on dark with pillys or lures  use them for jew  throw out on sand  not much reef at your feet   also good for luderick n bream  if you walk over headland goin south  good bream washes and good for squid     the beach itself holds whiting n bream n tailer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stockton beach is not away either & if you have a beach set up then looking for the gutters could produce as well.

At the end.of the day there are lots of options & also as usual lots of threads on here to get info from :thumbup:

https://www.portstephensexaminer.com.au/story/5922594/stockton-beach-a-fishing-wonderland/

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Thanks 1

On 10/3/2021 at 10:25 AM, rickmarlin62 said:

Walk 3/4out the sthn headland  flat ledges  fish for tailer just on dark with pillys or lures  use them for jew  throw out on sand  not much reef at your feet   also good for luderick n bream  if you walk over headland goin south  good bream washes and good for squid     the beach itself holds whiting n bream n tailer

Thanks for the directions and advice. This looks like a great prospect!