Port Stephens Livies

Rummers

Hey Raiders, 

I have searched the forum and didn’t really find anything too conclusive. 

but does anybody have any spots inside the bay they are willing to share where they have got live bait before in port Stephens? 

looking to head out Sunday to try for a Jew (bane of my existence at the moment) if the conditions are favourable and want to avoid heading out the front in 2.5m swell if I can. 

Boat or land based?

By boat have come across slimies all over the place.

Shoal bay for slimies & Gars & caught them on the other side towards jimmies Beach.

Also if you set a poddy mullet trap at most beaches your allowed to you'll get some.

Yakka's usually hang around the piers & pylons, will come to the burley along with all the other pickers. 

Am happy to travel anywhere in the bay. Was just trying to avoid the swells out front if I could really. 

might take some of the old bread and burley up somewhere, or even some arrow squid around shoal bay.. 

the failures of my Jew adventures have largely been because of the lack of bait I get 😂 

11 minutes ago, Rummers said:

Am happy to travel anywhere in the bay. Was just trying to avoid the swells out front if I could really. 

might take some of the old bread and burley up somewhere, or even some arrow squid around shoal bay.. 

the failures of my Jew adventures have largely been because of the lack of bait I get 😂 

Well you should be able to pick some livies near the headlands burleying up! Torpedo tubes or near the buoy in shoaly furthest to the west!