Land based locations near Sydney airport

HawkesburyParadise

Hey Guys,

Heading down to drop family to the airport. Might make a day out of it. What are some land based spots near the airport? 

I would prefer a jetty or rock wall if possible. I'm open to most of the Northern part of Botany Bay. Cronulla side would be a bit too far I think. 

Cheers

HP

Edited by HawkesburyParadise

along the foreshore and the rock wall at the mouth of the cooks river on ether side can be a productive spot, but very busy. Southern side is better if your on the rockwall
the river junction where cooks river meets the alexander canal is a rather decent spot too, you can fish it in a ether from Tempe reserve or levy street

the beaches along Brighton and kyeemagh can get you some good whiting but not my goto spots 

the rocks on foreshore boat ramp has given me some quality night fishing but can be stupidly busy but the rock wall is pretty long and goes way back along side foreshore road. boats arnt much of a problem, parking is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Restyle said:

the rocks on foreshore boat ramp has given me some quality night fishing but can be stupidly busy but the rock wall is pretty long and goes way back along side foreshore road. boats arnt much of a problem, parking is.

Great information.
I fished two of these tonight. 
I was fishing foreshore boat ramp when you posted this. You’re right it was very, very busy tonight , a good 30 lines in the water on the rocks at 830pm. Still, it’s big enough that it wasn’t overly cramped though we were far too late to get near the point and fished back towards the road. Two small flathead and a solid 30cm whiting on blades about 3-3 1/2 hours before high tide. 

From there I went to Tempe reserve / Cooks River which was fishing well on top of tide around 11pm with more flathead close to the rock walls near the Rowers club. the bridge there by the golf car park is a great spot too. I’d have fished the entrance to the smaller canal in Tempe reserve at top of tide too but some other night fishos were all over it. 

You can get under both sides of Tempe bridge land based, the southern side at all times and the northern side when it drops below about 0.9m tide. Further upstream lie several more good bridges to target bream, EPs and Jewfish. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ive been to these spots many times with minimum success, I do have a few tips for you though. 

• Get there early as the other guy said
  • Check the wind before you go, being right at the point 35km 45km gusts are common, fishing near kyeemah boat ramp can provide a bit more releif
  • Take a couple of rods, the big fish there are very used to seeing big lures and baits, you will be suprised how many times people will have success on bream gear
  • Check out IndoSydneyFishing youtube channel, I have fished with him a few times and he frequents this area. A lot of land based kings and trevs. 

Sadly I have to travel and hour each way to get there (thats assuming you dont get caught in the airport traffic) coming home empty handed isnt fun.

• Like 1