Light jigging setup?

slothparade

Good evening, I have been having a look at perhaps getting a kind of jigging setup/ light live baiting setup. I really don't know, just something to bridge the gap between my heavy gear and my light. This is probably mainly going to be used off a kayak for kingfish probably. 

I had a few ideas as I'm on a tight budget. 

1. Tld 15 on a cheap jigging rod

2. Penn battle 2 5000, with a Penn ally rod 10-15kg -$120. Id put a power knob on it 

3. Use my existing spinfisher SSM and just get a shorter rod

4. Get a Shimano Sedona or saragosa, put a power knob on and maybe upgrade the drag

5. Penn fathom 30ld on gomoku jigging rod or 2 to 4 $200

Please advise and make other suggestions. All ideas, thoughts and suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Please say if this is just another impulse buy or is it actually worth it?

Edited by slothparade

15 hours ago, slothparade said:

Good evening, I have been having a look at perhaps getting a kind of jigging setup/ light live baiting setup. I really don't know, just something to bridge the gap between my heavy gear and my light. This is probably mainly going to be used off a kayak for kingfish probably. 

I had a few ideas as I'm on a tight budget. 

1. Tld 15 on a cheap jigging rod

2. Penn battle 2 5000, with a Penn ally rod 10-15kg -$120. Id put a power knob on it 

3. Use my existing spinfisher SSM and just get a shorter rod

4. Get a Shimano Sedona or saragosa, put a power knob on and maybe upgrade the drag

5. Penn fathom 30ld on gomoku jigging rod or 2 to 4 $200

Please advise and make other suggestions. All ideas, thoughts and suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Please say if this is just another impulse buy or is it actually worth it?

just to add to this I found a place in nz that sells the 950 ssm with a heavy ugly stick for jigging, should I go for something like this?

As stated in the PM's the BTLIII4000HS matched up to a 12/15kg ugly stick with braid and leader would be a great outfit and fill your needs to have something that will stop any Kingie you are likely to encounter from your Yak.

Frank