Tsunami warning issued by BOM (CANCELLED)

zmk1962

It seems the warning for NSW was for last night, I live right on the ocean and there was nothing out of the ordinary, except for torrential rain yesterday afternoon, it was so heavy, my eaves filled up with water, then had a leak in a window....damn it was bad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, motiondave said:

I saw this notification yesterday, I checked Willy weather for swell data as it seems to be the better, a 2m swell at 5-10 seconds coming into the heads, that's normal. I'm going into the harbour this arvo, the real problem will be big boat wash and chop.

MARINE TSUNAMI WARNING + HAZARDOUS SURF WARNING BOTH CURRENT FOR NSW COAST
BOATERS SHOULD DELAY TRAVEL ACROSS COASTAL BARS UNTIL ALL CLEAR ISSUED
A Marine based Tsunami Warning remains in effect. A Hazardous Surf Warning is also current.
The graph shows wild fluctuations in water levels on the South Coast caused by the tsunami. These are continuing.
Together, these warnings mean coastal bars will be EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS, with dangerous (non-tsunami related) surf, unusual currents and water fluctuations.
Please stay off coastal bars until the ALL CLEAR is issued.

Bondi and some beaches are closed. Strongly suggest all raiders wait until warnings are cancelled. 

4 hours ago, noelm said:

It seems the warning for NSW was for last night, I live right on the ocean and there was nothing out of the ordinary, except for torrential rain yesterday afternoon, it was so heavy, my eaves filled up with water, then had a leak in a window....damn it was bad.

I saw on Fox news this morning, this tsunami registered just over 60cm at Port Kembla.

I also saw that its damaged a lot of moored boats in NZ.

• mrsswordfisherman changed the title to Tsunami warning issued by BOM (CANCELLED)