Darlington Point river condition?

dnardy

Hi all first time poster.

A mate and I were planning on heading to  Darlington Point on the Murrumbidgee on 11-13th of Feb, but we hear it's pretty flooded out that way at the moment.

Is anyone able to shed some light on what the Murrumbidgee is like out that way and if theres any chance of it dropping in time? It's a fair hike for us to get there and we may go elsewhere if the fishing is going to be too hard going.

Cheers.

Hey, I may not be able to tell how high the water level is now, but my usual fishing spot in Wagga is under water, around 1 and half meter. Just drove pass the river today, its like caramel milk, very muddy. It seemed Murray cod did not mind that, got fair bites last few weeks (around 30-50cm) after heavy rain. I think there will be more rain in Feb. Oh, I am landbase. Hope this may help.

cheers.

13 hours ago, dnardy said:

Hi all first time poster.

A mate and I were planning on heading to  Darlington Point on the Murrumbidgee on 11-13th of Feb, but we hear it's pretty flooded out that way at the moment.

Is anyone able to shed some light on what the Murrumbidgee is like out that way and if theres any chance of it dropping in time? It's a fair hike for us to get there and we may go elsewhere if the fishing is going to be too hard going.

Cheers.

Go elsewhere dnardy. I fish the Murrumbidgee regularly for over 20 years. You may fluke a Cod but the river is in flood, the colour of chocolate and running pretty fast. You don't say where you are travelling from so I am unable to help you with an alternate location. I am heading off in about 2 hours, to the Edward River at Deniliquin. The river there is fishing really well and well worth the 3 hour drive. Maybe send me a PM with your location (if you want it kept secret) and I may be able to suggest an alternative to Darlington Point. bn    Welcome to Fishraider, by the way.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info guys confirmed what we thought.

big Neil I'm from near Albury and the other bloke is coming from Geelong, so we've settled on competing in the Nagambie fishing comp this time.

Feel free to suggest fishing spots though! 😆

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 6:29 AM, dnardy said:

Thanks for the info guys confirmed what we thought.

big Neil I'm from near Albury and the other bloke is coming from Geelong, so we've settled on competing in the Nagambie fishing comp this time.

Feel free to suggest fishing spots though! 😆

Hope you do well, or at least, enjoy yourselves. I haven't done much freshwater fishing in Victoria. Recently I have been making the 3 hr drive down to the Edward River at Deniliquin. It is in good condition and there are good Murray Cod being caught. I have fished the Ovens River at Porepunkah and caught Trout, Redfin and even a Murray Cod there. Let us know how you go and keep in touch. The Murrumbidgee will get back to normal eventually. bn

On 1/25/2022 at 12:02 PM, big Neil said:

Hope you do well, or at least, enjoy yourselves. I haven't done much freshwater fishing in Victoria. Recently I have been making the 3 hr drive down to the Edward River at Deniliquin. It is in good condition and there are good Murray Cod being caught. I have fished the Ovens River at Porepunkah and caught Trout, Redfin and even a Murray Cod there. Let us know how you go and keep in touch. The Murrumbidgee will get back to normal eventually. bn

Thanks big Neil. I hope to get over your way soon. Good to hear the Deniliquin area is fishing well too, it's not too far away from me.

Hume Dam over here is very active with redfin and yellowbelly, and there has been some good cod caught in the Murray.

• Thanks 1