Grumpy old whinger or not

noelm

5 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

Find out who put the nappies in your bin and then go and pour stinky/rotten bait juice down their air vents in their car.If their car has hub caps stinky bait behind the hub caps works a treat I'm told.😉😉

I know first hand prawn heads in the spare wheel works great 🤣

I genuinely have no idea, no one on my street has kids that young. 

1 minute ago, Fab1 said:

Find out who put the nappies in your bin and then go and pour stinky/rotten bait juice down their air vents in their car.If their car has hub caps stinky bait behind the hub caps works a treat I'm told.😉😉

That takes me back. As a kid we used to get great joy out of pouring milk in them…

on the original question I would posit - grumpy whinger! Only because nothing will ever change, there’s always another litterer around the corner. Call council but it’s not worth expending the energy after that point. It saddens me too how pro-dobbing we’ve become. Dob in litter, dob in covid breachers, dob this dob that. 

Not a slight at you @noelm , I wish the littering would stop too - I am rebuilding my house and some nob has just dumped a couch on my build site yesterday. But there are too many of them to report one at a time and you don’t want a daily vigil at the bin to consume all your energy! 

Understand your frustration noelm. I'd like to think that the "tossers" are only a very small percentage of the population. Unfortunately they can leave a big mess. I'm not sure you can do much about it. I think deep down they don't like themselves very much and somehow feel empowered by being antisocial. They are not going to change without a lot of therapy and a big change in their luck in life.

Where I live there are heaps of fire trails in old forestry areas. There is no longer public vehicle access as the park's guys couldn't keep on top of all of the rubbish that was being dumped. Big loss for everyone.

1 hour ago, noelm said:

Yep, people regularly put rubbish in other people's bin, even worse (for me) I have a Ute, and quite often I will be driving along and a Maccas wrapper or drink container flies out! People just walk past and toss their crap in the back, it's happened in a Supermarket carpark, I came back and saw a bag of rubbish in the back, there was a bin about 3m away, I tossed it in the bin, but if I didn't see it, I could be booked for an "uncovered load" or littering if it blew out.

I get the same in the back of my ute frome time to time. What I really hate is grubs throwing cigarette butts in there.

The other thing I hated was ordering a skip bin for one of my building sites, arriving the next day to find it half full of someone elses crap. Particularly annoying if the bin was for asbestos cement sheets, as you can't mix that with other waste.

2 hours ago, slothparade said:

I know first hand prawn heads in the spare wheel works great 🤣

Or a fillet of fish tied around the exhaust manifold up near the engine.  :074:

Definitely ring the council every time and complain about the health and safety of dumped rubbish. Councils have tracking systems for all ‘client calls’, make sure you get a reference number.

Then get in touch with your local member and tell him how his council is being unresponsive to your calls.  Councillor will follow up and get to look good.

Councillors are just politicians and want to get to look good and be re-elected

• Like 2