Autumn Winter options

Subtropic

G’day raiders

Spring and summer on the north coast of NSW has been a write off. Constant strong winds with lots of rain coupled with covid, family and work commitments has meant bugger all fishing. So let’s look to the future, what are your plans for autumn and winter? Any trips planned? Target species?

I'm hearing you mate. I'm still keen to get outside and learn to speak Spanish. Some nice mackeral & a large Sailfish caught off Byron a few weeks ago. Report today of some some big Kings in close chasing mullet in the dirty water on the midnorthcoast. From here to June is usually the best time to stock up the freezer!! My best alternative is head inland for some dry weather & help BigNeil with his Cod studies after I get my lawn mown by drone - even considering some of the northern impoundments.

• Haha 1

My approach in winter would be get up in the morning(2pm roughly),look out the window and decide from there.

Ps. I'll walk past boat like I do and that's as far as I get.

Did I mention I'm hopeless?

Pardon me of I didn't. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hoods said:

I'm hearing you mate. I'm still keen to get outside and learn to speak Spanish. Some nice mackeral & a large Sailfish caught off Byron a few weeks ago. Report today of some some big Kings in close chasing mullet in the dirty water on the midnorthcoast. From here to June is usually the best time to stock up the freezer!! My best alternative is head inland for some dry weather & help BigNeil with his Cod studies after I get my lawn mown by drone - even considering some of the northern impoundments.

Don’t mention the lawns, I can only mow half the back lawn at the moment as it’s still saturated 

Most definitely going to target some big Blue Nosed Bream on some plastics, a couple Estuary Perch here and there, when winter comes around the corner i'll be dusting off the Blackfish gear pulling out the floats and green weed and getting into some!

Winter in Sydney I fish for squid a lot with occasional forays for John Dory, Hairtail, Luderick and Drummer.  I can nearly always scratch up enough flatties for a feed any time.  Ron