WEATHER WARNINGS ALL ACROSS SYDNEY - be safe

mrsswordfisherman

See this SEVERE WEATHER WARNING broadcast at 5.09am this morning

Please stay at home if possible. Driving, boating and fishing particularly rock fishing will be hazardous.

Spend the time reading fishraider posts, making sure your homes and families are safe or helping others if safe to do so. We are in the Campbelltown area and are seeing plenty of flooding in suburbs and areas that has not been seen before. 

http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/flood/nepean-hawkesburyrivers.shtml

http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/flood/georgesriver.shtml

We wish all raiders and all citizens in flood stricken areas the very best outcomes. 

Be sensible and safe raiders. 

mrsswordie (Fishraider Community Manager)

Severe Weather Warning

for DAMAGING WINDS and HEAVY RAINFALL

For people in Hunter, Metropolitan, Illawarra, South Coast, Central Tablelands, Southern Tablelands and parts of Mid North Coast, South West Slopes, Snowy Mountains and Australian Capital Territory Forecast Districts.

Issued at 5:09 am Tuesday, 8 March 2022.

Heavy Rainfall and Damaging Wind Gusts expected across eastern NSW.

image.png

A low pressure system is expected to deepen and develop into an East Coast Low near the Hunter Coast this morning and track south. This system is forecast to bring Heavy Rainfall and Damaging Winds across the central and southern coast, ranges and hinterland.

HEAVY RAINFALL which may lead to FLASH FLOODING is forecast for the Mid North Coast, Hunter, Sydney Metropolitan, Illawarra, South Coast, and parts of the Central Tablelands districts. Six-hourly rainfall totals between 70 to 120 mm are possible. Heavy rainfall areas will gradually contract from the north during the day, with the peak of the rainfall most likely about the Sydney Metropolitan, Illawarra and South Coast districts.

Locally INTENSE RAINFALL leading to dangerous and LIFE-THREATENING FLASH FLOODING is possible with thunderstorms, six-hourly rainfall totals in excess of 150 mm are possible.

DAMAGING WIND GUSTS with peak gusts in excess of 90 km/h are possible over the Sydney Metropolitan, South Coast, Illawarra and Southern Tablelands districts, including the ACT ranges. The risk of damaging wind gusts is expected to persist into Wednesday.

Severe Thunderstorm Warnings are being issued when very dangerous thunderstorms with intense rainfall are detected.

Heavy rainfall increases the potential for landslides and debris across roads.

A Flood Watch and multiple Flood Warnings are current for parts of New South Wales. For more details, please visit www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings.

A separate Severe Weather Warning for Damaging and Hazardous Surf is current for Hunter Coast, Sydney Coast, Illawarra Coast, Batemans Coast and Eden Coast.

Locations which may be affected include Coffs Harbour, Scone, Kempsey, Coonabarabran, Port Macquarie, Taree, Newcastle, Gosford, Sydney, Wollongong, Nowra, Batemans Bay, Bega, Goulburn, Tamworth and Gunnedah.

83mm in the 2 hours to 10.45pm at Marrickville

81mm in the 2 hours to 10pm at Kentlyn

86 mm in the 2 hours to 9.30pm at Lucas Heights

88.0 mm in the 3 hours to 4.05 pm Mittagaong

146.0 mm in the 6 hours to 5.41 pm at Mittagong

197.0 mm in the 12 hours to 6.22 pm at Mittagong

108 mm of rainfall recorded in the 6 hours to 4 pm at Turners Flat.

58 mm of rainfall recorded in the 3 hours to 4:15 pm at Bowral. With 91 mm recorded between 9 am and 4 pm.

54.6 mm of rainfall recorded in the 2 hours to 4 pm at Carrowbrook.

The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move vehicles under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
* Trees that have been damaged by fire are likely to be more unstable and more likely to fall.
* Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid (131 388), Endeavour Energy (131 003), Essential Energy (132 080) or Evoenergy (131 093) as shown on your power bill.
* Don't drive, ride or walk through flood water.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* If you are trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available place and ring 000 if you need rescue.
* Be aware that run-off from rainfall in fire affected areas may behave differently and be more rapid. It may also contain debris such as ash, soil, trees and rocks.
* After bushfires, heavy rain and the loss of foliage can make the ground soft and heavy, leading to a greater chance of landslides.
* Stay vigilant and monitor conditions. Note that the landscape may have changed following bushfires.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring your local SES Unit on 132 500.

The next Severe Weather Warning will be issued by 11:00 am AEDT Tuesday.

Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

It's blowing hard down this way already, torrential rain last night, but has eased off a bit during the day to just heavy at times, but bad rain expected tonight again, I hope the forecast is wrong......

• Like 1

Currently sitting by the water at Lake Eildon in Victoria. No rain but the wind has been blowing hard all yesterday and still up this morning.

Had some small redfin follow my plastics but not big enough to hook up.

39 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Currently sitting by the water at Lake Eildon in Victoria. No rain but the wind has been blowing hard all yesterday and still up this morning.

Had some small redfin follow my plastics but not big enough to hook up.

Hopefully they close the border so you can't get back to take my fish.😂🤣

• Haha 2

The swell is really big at the moment, so anyone even thinking about rock fishing (or boating) think long and hard about it! Here is a picture from my balcony, those waves are breaking 500-750m out.....and further during the "sets"

9D0441A3-F07C-4D2F-BE7D-89B0BDA12E37.jpeg

• Sad 2

Yeah, it's a great spot, good fishing on the beach (when the swell is normal) reasonable rock fishing straight across the road, and the boat ramp is only about 2klm away, Lake Illawarra for crabbing is about 5min, so all in all pretty good. Mind you, I have lived here all my life, I could never afford to buy in the area these days.

1 hour ago, noelm said:

Yeah, it's a great spot, good fishing on the beach (when the swell is normal) reasonable rock fishing straight across the road, and the boat ramp is only about 2klm away, Lake Illawarra for crabbing is about 5min, so all in all pretty good. Mind you, I have lived here all my life, I could never afford to buy in the area these days.

God's country.Give me the gong anyday compared to the city.You couldn't give me a house for free in the city to live amongst the rats.

Great spot mate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, noelm said:

Did I mention I nearly bought a house in Shell cove in 2000? Still giving myself a upper cut.

• Like 1

Drifting off topic a bit, but, when I was little, we were the only permanent residents here, there was only a few holiday houses and the rest was just scrub, a bit of a dirt track down from the "main road" across a creek (no bridge) and on to the headland. It's kind of grown a bit since those days, all the old holiday houses have gone and units built, it's still a great area though, never lived anywhere else.

Shell cove is very big now, the Marina is all finished, not a huge fan myself, they had a chance to do it right, but made skinny streets and planted Norfolk Island pines all over the place, some right beside the road, in years to come they will be breaking up the street, and dropping those horrible pine needle things everywhere.

18 hours ago, noelm said:

and dropping those horrible pine needle things everywhere.

They are just fancy leaves.  :074:

I know what you mean, the needles get into everything, down car vents, stuck in the downpipes, walked into the house, etc.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 8:12 AM, Fab1 said:

Hopefully they close the border so you can't get back to take my fish.😂🤣

Quite a few people still wear masks down this way, (entertainment industry, pubs, shops) and having to sign in to some businesses.

As for "your'' fish, I have never seen or caught one with the name "Fab" on it.  :074: