Griffith

Chhayzor

G'day Raiders,

I'm heading down to Griffith over the weekend for work. Hoping to have some spare time while I'm there to have a flick.

Wondering if anybody can point me in the general direction of any bodies of water I can fish? Lake Wyangan is all I can seem to find on maps. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, as I've never been down that way. Also never been much of a Freshwater fisho either.

Thanks in advance,

Chhay

There is the Murrumbidgee  river but it is running a banker and flowing very quickly at the moment.

It may still produce some good fish if you can find a nice spot where the current isn`t running to quick.

Lake Wyangan  should be okay with bait like worms, shrimp ,small yabbies.

Lure wise small/medium  hard body lure like AC, orgee or any other lure like that or even blades like ZX , TT.

• Like 1

Okay just spotted your post after I replied to your response to my post (Murrumbidgee unfishable). Lake Wyangan is right on the outskirts of Griffith and is a great place to fish. There are Cod, Yellowbelly, Carp in there. As you will be fishing from the shore your best option is earthworms. Suspended from a paternoster rig on a 1/0 hook, you could catch any of the above. Any gear will do just have about 10 -15 lb line where the hook is. Bread and sweet corn are great baits for Carp also.

Will you be there (Griffith) on Sunday? If you are I am free and could catch up to have a fish at Lake Wyangan. Phone me on 0466853633. bn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, big Neil said:

Okay just spotted your post after I replied to your response to my post (Murrumbidgee unfishable). Lake Wyangan is right on the outskirts of Griffith and is a great place to fish. There are Cod, Yellowbelly, Carp in there. As you will be fishing from the shore your best option is earthworms. Suspended from a paternoster rig on a 1/0 hook, you could catch any of the above. Any gear will do just have about 10 -15 lb line where the hook is. Bread and sweet corn are great baits for Carp also.

Will you be there (Griffith) on Sunday? If you are I am free and could catch up to have a fish at Lake Wyangan. Phone me on 0466853633. bn

Hot opportunity here @Chhayzor! @big Neil is a much-loved gentleman of Fishraider and even if no baits are soaked or lures are cast, would be well worth catching up with. He also knows his way around all his freshwater species.

Hopefully you're around then!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big Neil said:

An opportunity to spend some time with big Neil? I'm down!

Any of those species would be a first for me, so I'm eager 😁 luckily, I have a reel in the car spooled with some 10lb.

I'm on my way at the moment. Left a bit later than I had wanted so I'm now aiming to arrive mid arvo today.

I should have some time tomorrow morning as I won't need to be working until about Noon.

Thank you for the offer. I've just sent you a text. 

Chat soon 👍

Chhay

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

Hot opportunity here @Chhayzor! @big Neil is a much-loved gentleman of Fishraider and even if no baits are soaked or lures are cast, would be well worth catching up with. He also knows his way around all his freshwater species.

Hopefully you're around then!

Chomping at the bit @Little_Flatty

Hopefully a successful report, come Sunday arvo 😁

• Like 1

Ehm, what's with the accolades you lot. I haven't got any money and anybody that says different is having you on. I'm just like you lot...love fishing and Australia has provided me with opportunities which I never thought possible. I have been very lucky to meet stacks of really good anglers who have been very generous with their time. They have extended to me some fantastic trips, in the true spirit of Fishraider. Any time I can return some of that to other Raiders, I will try to do so.

Looking forward to having a bit of time with Chhayzor, see if we can't catch something in Lake Wyangan near Griffith.

Cheers, bn

• Like 4