Water and fishing conditions Sydney Harbour and off Sydney

The Rev

Hi Raiders,

Just wondering if as anyone  had been out in Sydney Harbour or off Sydney’ Northern Beaches fishing and what the water was like? In particular Long Reef and the Wave Rider Buoy off Dee Why. I’m returning from holidays up the coast snd keen to know what conditions are like.

Cheers

The Rev

I can’t speak to whether the colour has improved over the past few days as I fish at night , but I am catching on lots of debris still in the water with plenty of big sticks giving the drag a workout. 
I’ve had some success in very shallow water (30cm) with a couple flathead and bream but where it’s too turpid to see the bottom it has been a real struggle.

• Like 2

Came into the office today for the first time in a while . . . 

In the morning the water didn't look tooo bad on the high tide, however at lunchtime it was a much darker black tea color as the tide had gone part way out.

Hope this is of some help.

cheers, stu.

Went for a drive to check out lane cove yesterday afternoon, was chocolate brown and a few of the banks and trees had collapsed and fallen into the river. After last night’s rain I can’t see it getting much better for a while.