How To Rig Shakespear Barbie Rod?

rare1

This is shamefull,

but my 3yr old got the barbie fishing kit and i have absolutely no clue as how to rig it up as the instructions were tossed (how hard could it be hey?.....), it is a very strange design and !@#$ i have nearly given up on this!! There is a lot of very usefull knowledge floating around here so any help (not payouts) regarding this kids toy would have me and bugalugs stoked.

*It is an enclosed design with a metal hub over the line that spins when u wind (spool with the line is stationary), this hub has metal spring loaded pin at the top which i suspect is like the feeding roller, and around the spool is felt, if you feed through to the pin there is no guide to spool the line......

*no info found on the web either

*not sure where purchased to look at another pack

Cheers

Peter

This is shamefull,

but my 3yr old got the barbie fishing kit and i have absolutely no clue as how to rig it up as the instructions were tossed (how hard could it be hey?.....), it is a very strange design and !@#$ i have nearly given up on this!! There is a lot of very usefull knowledge floating around here so any help (not payouts) regarding this kids toy would have me and bugalugs stoked.

*It is an enclosed design with a metal hub over the line that spins when u wind (spool with the line is stationary), this hub has metal spring loaded pin at the top which i suspect is like the feeding roller, and around the spool is felt, if you feed through to the pin there is no guide to spool the line......

*no info found on the web either

*not sure where purchased to look at another pack

Cheers

Peter

Sounds like a closed face spinning reel ???UNSCREW THE METAL HUB AND FEED THE LINE AGAINST THE METAL SPRING AND PULL THE LINE THRU THE HOLE .Does it have a hole in the middle of the metal hub for the line to come out of ??? and a button on the back to release the line .

post-256-1136846119_thumb.jpg

Cheers Swordfisherman

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a closed face spinning reel ???UNSCREW THE METAL HUB AND FEED THE LINE AGAINST THE METAL SPRING AND PULL THE LINE THRU THE HOLE .Does it have a hole in the middle of the metal hub for the line to come out of ??? and a button on the back to release the line .

post-256-1136846119_thumb.jpg

Cheers Swordfisherman

Haha, thanks for the reply Sword fisherman.

It is a closed face reel, your post got me thinking and i figured out that the line feeds from the reel to the pin outside the hub which engages after its screwed in ( i didnt notice b4). Woohoo!

Sounds like there's a funny story behind some rod trouble Sharky, what happened?

Cheers

Peter