Pro's In Pittwater

Gaff

Hey Gaff

Yes mate its true, apparently up until last year there was only one local pro operating out of pittwater but he has since had to call it a day. There was reports of about 7 or so pros who came into the system in about November and basically cleared pittwater :mad3::mad3: with some locals saying they saw buckets and buckets of kings being taken off these boats and taken for sale :thumbdown: .

The rumours are that these pros have no respect for the area they trawl and just take what they can and move on, the scary thing is that they are saying we may need to know wait to next season to get the king fish back in the numbers they were before the pros came in. :(

I was another site the other day and there have been suggestions of sending emails / letters to some of the people in the local government to have the pros banned from pittwater if your were interested in the address drop us a PM

Cavey

Hi Gaff

There has been some discussion on this site already. I raised the issue in a thread under Fishing Reports titled "6/1/06 Pittwater and Hawkesbury"

There is a belief that it may take a few years for the kingfish population to recover to where they were eg average 70cm to 80cm size. Then give them a few more years to bulk up from that.

The pros were giving the mouth of the Hawkesbury and Patonga a going over on the 6th January 2006 when I was out for the day. On the 4th January I was out with the children and a Pro was finishing up his trawl in Pittwater off Mackerel Beach.

The Pros who have done over Pittwater have been working nights or very early morning before sunrise to avoid raising too much attention to them selves.

Either way you look at it there is no good to come from what they have done.

Cheers

Martin

Hi, I've only recently subscribed to Fishraider. I've been enjoying the posts and exploring the site. Generally I don't get or make the time to play on the net, but wife & daughter away so have time & the computer. Thought it was time I contributed instead of reading others.

I'm a lousy fisherman, but have a boat and good access to Cowan, Hawkesbury & Pittwater. My fishing partner is my 13 year old son who NEEDS to catch fish.

Any fishing skills I learnt with my father 40 years ago are to no avail, are all fish much smarter than years ago or is it that "pro's in Pittwater" and such mean there are no fish. Can't be true I know some regularly catch good fish. We would be happy with modest catches of bream or flathead etc.

I'm know that I don't put in the fishing hours to learn when or where to fish and that is unlikely to change.

I plan to go out tomorrow can anyone please explain "peak fishing times" that I hear of but can't find reference to.

Thanks.