Brisbane waters Ettalong , what to expect this month and early the next ?

leonardgid

hi Raiders , we mainly fish  around the oyster leases   in the vicinity  of Ettalong  , would any local be able to tell me generally when the bream run stops around  this area please ? thank you  

I have heard that there are still a few flathead kicking around ( from a local ) , I think all the rain  has extended their season . Maybe the odd bream as well but once the water starts to cool I turn my focus onto Luderick . The usual winter species like salmon , tailor and trevally won’t be far away either .

Bream for me were March , April and May in Sydney . All the rain has blurred things a bit . 

Edited by XD351

19 minutes ago, Circle hooked said:

Bream are in the system all year round. Fishing at night is great for the bigger Bream using strip baits as they come in and feed in shallower water. There will be flathead but not as many as the summer months as the water cools the big females are more likely to be caught. 

thank you 

The biggest issue with Bream fishing is, most people hurl their bait/lure way out, most Bream will be right in on rocks and Oyster leases looking for crabs and worms to eat, if you're not getting snagged or losing the odd lure, you're fishing the wrong places. Now that said, Bream can also be found out on clean sand and on beaches, but, when fishing structure, fish close to it!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, noelm said:

The biggest issue with Bream fishing is, most people hurl their bait/lure way out, most Bream will be right in on rocks and Oyster leases looking for crabs and worms to eat, if you're not getting snagged or losing the odd lure, you're fishing the wrong places. Now that said, Bream can also be found out on clean sand and on beaches, but, when fishing structure, fish close to it!

thanks Noel , 

7 hours ago, noelm said:

I learned this the hard way when I was younger , used to fish of the point near Brooklyn boat ramp ( fisherman’s point ) at night and used to catch nothing . One night this bloke lobbed in with a Luderick rod rigged with a float but with a bigger hook than what you use for Luderick and a container of pudding or dough bait , he drifted the float right in hard against the shore ( under our noses ) and pulled out two stonker bream in succession . From then on I began to drift small crabs and nippers under a float there and did quite well .

• Like 4