Next best thing.

Fab1

When you have too many things going on with family/ animals and you can't get out on the boat this is another passion of mine.

If any of you play try to support your club as they are doing it tough with all this rain.

Ok, first drive don't drive it into the water.Famous last words.

At least I don't need to bend down far as the lakes are full.🤣😂

20220526_135216.thumb.jpg.b8ae58dc039e71167061309116b3979e.jpg

Edited by Fab1
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

The way I play, I need a bag that can also carry a shovel, rake and scuba equipment! 😂

I should have brought my rod.I'll probably have more luck getting a feed from here than trying to catch Yowies fish.🤣😂

It's a pearler of a arvo for it mate.1769758578_images(1).jpeg.ed29836f0ad5bbab1c5043b3cff6b899.jpeg

• Like 2

I play about 3 times a year, so  certainly no expert, but, I do buy cheap balls and hit them into the water from in front of my house, it's quite satisfying when you hit a "good" shot! I play at Kiama and one particular tee is set up high on a hill, from up there it seems like you're going to hit the ball for miles, very disappointing when you tee off then have to run to the edge of the hill to see your ball, after thinking you were going to slog it way along the fairway......

Edited by noelm
  • Haha 1

On 5/27/2022 at 12:03 PM, noelm said:

I play about 3 times a year, so  certainly no expert, but, I do buy cheap balls and hit them into the water from in front of my house, it's quite satisfying when you hit a "good" shot! I play at Kiama and one particular tee is set up high on a hill, from up there it seems like you're going to hit the ball for miles, very disappointing when you tee off then have to run to the edge of the hill to see your ball, after thinking you were going to slog it way along the fairway......

I have a raised tee at my local course that's high.We were on the tee once when I hit a drive to see a few seconds later a Irish party come over the hill towards me with my ball giving me a gob full that I just missed them.

I asked them where they were and was told they were putting.

That green is 245 meters away!   Luckily I had used my 3 wood and not driver or one of them would of had a titleist#1 embedded in their forehead I'm sure of that.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 12:03 PM, noelm said:

Another time we were playing with my son and he tee,d off onto the green in one.When we played out the hole we met up with the guys on the next tee when one of them must have been  watching us and told my son that was a great drive...what driver did you use to hit that?

My son passed him his 4iron to have a look at it.😂🤣😂

That green is 190 meters away.

• Like 2

To give you an idea of my skills, my clubs would be, tee=driver, wedge out of the scrub, driver, wedge out of the scrub, then hit and hope next shot.....I have had a hole in one, I teed off, mishit it badly and went onto a green off to the side and into the hole (on the wrong green) but, it was a hole in one, so I claimed it!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, noelm said:

To give you an idea of my skills, my clubs would be, tee=driver, wedge out of the scrub, driver, wedge out of the scrub, then hit and hope next shot.....I have had a hole in one, I teed off, mishit it badly and went onto a green off to the side and into the hole (on the wrong green) but, it was a hole in one, so I claimed it!

It doesn't matter how you get there it's getting there.🤣😂

Love the game, back when I was fit sometimes I would play 36 holes in the one day, I couldn't get enough of it.

Have many tales I could tell of things that happened  on and off the coarse, was never good at it but I enjoyed every stroke I made.

At my best I had a 12 handycap but I think my captain was being a bit generous.

Later on in life I bought a brand new expensive set of clubs, thought they may improve my game, used them 3 times and then gave up golf, the clubs are still sitting in my shed, it's been about 15 years since I have been on a golf coarse and my back yard joins onto a coarse.

Clean the clubs now and again and think of swinging them again but it's never going to happen.

Got disqualified once for having 16 clubs in my bag, wanted to try my new 1 iron out and a 2nd putter, just a social game.

Does anyone want a cheap set of clubs ? .

Frank

We used to play at Narooma every year when we used to holiday there, there is one hole that is kind of on a "point" in the ocean, and the hole is on another point, across a steep (and very deep) ocean ravine. The "pro" tee makes you have to hit over the ravine, but the bodgy players tee is off to the side and way easier, but.......who wants to go the easy route? Armed with a handful of old balls, tee up, swing, straight into the water, tee up, swing, straight into the water, repeat! every now and then you hit a good one and make it across, such satisfaction when you do.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 8:10 AM, frankS said:

Love the game, back when I was fit sometimes I would play 36 holes in the one day, I couldn't get enough of it.

Have many tales I could tell of things that happened  on and off the coarse, was never good at it but I enjoyed every stroke I made.

At my best I had a 12 handycap but I think my captain was being a bit generous.

Later on in life I bought a brand new expensive set of clubs, thought they may improve my game, used them 3 times and then gave up golf, the clubs are still sitting in my shed, it's been about 15 years since I have been on a golf coarse and my back yard joins onto a coarse.

Clean the clubs now and again and think of swinging them again but it's never going to happen.

Got disqualified once for having 16 clubs in my bag, wanted to try my new 1 iron out and a 2nd putter, just a social game.

Does anyone want a cheap set of clubs ? .

Frank

Put them on fb market place or gum tree mate.

Clubs are a dime a dozen from what I've seen.

Price them accordingly and they'll sell.