Woolamia Boat Ramp (Jervis Bay)

YZ250

AREA: Near South Coast

LOCATION: Currambene Creek providing access to Huskisson and then Jervis Bay

CONDITION OF RAMP/ACCESS: Excellent condition with major upgrades in 2019.  The Ramp is two lanes wide and drops down into about 1.8m of water at high tide.  Launching my 5m runabout was a breeze and could be easily done with trim fully down.  The ramp has two generous wrap around pontoons.  

PARKING/FACILITIES: There is parking onsite for approximately 20 trailers, which would be the drawback of this ramp as I imagine in peak season it would be competitive to get a park.  There are toilets and fish cleaning tables available on site.  

The ramp is a roll on/roll off design with 3 large preparation bays on approach. Each could accommodate up to two boats depending on the size.  The generations pontoons are great for solo launchers like myself as there is ample room to launch and tie off without holding up others.  I didn't have any issues with current moving the boat around, however the 20 knot norwester that was blowing when I retrieved made the left pontoon the better choice.  

Just before I retrieved someone had hauled out an enormous boat (pictured) so presumably this ramp is going to be suitable for virtually any trailer boat.  Overall this is an excellent ramp.

Approach.jpg

FromLand.jpg

FromWater.jpg

Parking.jpg

PreparationBay.jpg

BigBoat.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the detailed review of the boat ramp. I have used it to fish Currambene Creek in my tinny, but that was before it was upgraded. Actually had some excellent soft plastics fishing in the creek with Tailor, Trevally, Bream and Flathead being boated. Not very deep but some great mud flats to fish from mid channel.

bn

• Like 2

mrsswordfisherman
This post was recognized by mrsswordfisherman!

"Excellent addition to the Boat Ramp area - many thanks"

YZ250 was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 50 points.

Hi Neil - yes I was impressed with the creek.  Good depth in the channel, and lots of mangroves feeding in.  We had to go home so i only fished there for a small amount of time but a full afternoon with the right tides would be epic.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YZ250 said:

Hi Neil - yes I was impressed with the creek.  Good depth in the channel, and lots of mangroves feeding in.  We had to go home so i only fished there for a small amount of time but a full afternoon with the right tides would be epic.  

Very well deserved award for a first class review.  Well done. bn

• Thanks 1