Tailor on lures

AlbertW

Hey raiders,

I'm looking for a few spots to catch tailor on metals and lures. I'll be fishing at around the afternoon next weekend and I've been trying to catch a tailor recently as I'm crossing out target species on my "catch on lures" list.

Cheers,

Albert

I’m not from the Sydney area so I can’t recommend specific locations, though any beach should be holding salmon and tailor at this time of year and is a good, safe place to start.

To maximise your chances, try to plan your trips around days when the high tide coincides with early mornings or late afternoons and hit it then. Also look up a weather site to check that the swell and wind isn’t too strong. WillyWeather is as good as any. For urban beaches, surf cams can be beneficial for a live view of the conditions.

If you’re not familiar with beach fishing, google how to read a beach and watch a few YouTube clips for some tips.

When fishing this way its best to travel light and stay mobile, so if one gutter or hole isn’t producing fish, its easy to move onto the next. A dozen casts in each spot should reveal if they’re there or not.

Edited by Green Hornet
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Green Hornet said:

I’m not from the Sydney area so I can’t recommend specific locations, though any beach should be holding salmon and tailor at this time of year and is a good, safe place to start.

To maximise your chances, try to plan your trips around days when the high tide coincides with early mornings or late afternoons and hit it then. Also look up a weather site to check that the swell and wind isn’t too strong. WillyWeather is as good as any. For urban beaches, surf cams can be beneficial for a live view of the conditions.

If you’re not familiar with beach fishing, google how to read a beach and watch a few YouTube clips for some tips.

When fishing this way its best to travel light and stay mobile, so if one gutter or hole isn’t producing fish, its easy to move onto the next. A dozen casts in each spot should reveal if they’re there or not.

Ah alright man I’ll have to look more into beach fishing as I haven’t explored that option yet, I’m planning to but I just haven’t gotten the time to get out yet.

• Like 1