Squidding in Terrigal, help needed

Ray25

Hi all,

Is anyone here who does squid fishing in Terrigal (land based or boat/kayak)?

I'm new to squidding, got a number of different squid jigs, tried casting for a few hours recently for nothing. One guy commented the water is too dirty for squid, but I'm not sure if it's water clarity or my technique/jigs.

Have you been there in the last couple of weeks? Did you catch any squid? May be would be keen to show me squidding master class? I would really appreciate!

Thanks!

Ray

35 minutes ago, Ray25 said:

Hi all,

I'm new to squidding, got a number of different squid jigs, tried casting for a few hours recently for nothing. One guy commented the water is too dirty for squid, but I'm not sure if it's water clarity or my technique/jigs.

Have you been there in the last couple of weeks? Did you catch any squid? May be would be keen to show me squidding master class? I would really appreciate!

Thanks!

Ray

Not Terrrigal but I think technique is more important than the water clarity. As for a master class in squidding have a look at this one:

42 minutes ago, Circle hooked said:

2.2 or 2.5 size jigs work well in the Haven colours vary( green one day purple the next)Clear water is better and low swell. Land based along the rocks start from the Early Riser charter boat and work your way along towards the point. I usually just let the jig sink 12-15secs then slow lift wind slack line as you drop the rod back down.

Thanks! This is where I tried to fish. I have a variety of jigs mostly in 2.5 and 3.0 size. Tried all colours I had with me that day, starting with white, then black, pink, grey and others. When have you fished there the last time? If you are planning to go again any time soon I will be keen to join. I have a kayak if it makes a difference.

54 minutes ago, DerekD said:

Not Terrrigal but I think technique is more important than the water clarity. As for a master class in squidding have a look at this one:

Heaps of great info, thanks a lot!

2 hours ago, Ray25 said:

Hi all,

Thanks!

Ray

Squid like clean calm water find a spot with a bit of depth bit of weed and fish around sunrise or sunset on a run up tide is prime time also around the big tides of any month full moon new moon Yamashita jigs green blue pink as for weight 3.0 to 3.5 should do good luck.